Read More -->>
- According to a recently released United Nation's report, India has been named the third most disaster-hit nation in 2015.
- China topped the list, followed by the US.
- India witnessed 19 disasters, over 2,800 deaths and over ₹22,000 crore economic damage last year.
- Meanwhile, worldwide there were over 22,700 casualties, and an estimated $66.5 billion worth economic losses in 2015.
- Note : 2015 was the hottest year on record.
- Casualties - people killed or injured in a war or accident.
- The US government today announced the approval of a sale of up to eight F-16 fighter jets, radar and other equipment to Pakistan in a $699 million deal, saying it would aid counter-terrorism operations.
- Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli is coming to India on a 5-day visit from 19th February 2016.
- This is his first foreign trip after being elected as Prime Minister of Nepal in October.
- PM Oli and his high-level delegation are expected to sign deals worth $2 billion for earthquake reconstruction work and hydropower projects.