Read More -->>
Dear Great Ambitionists, here are today's (22nd April 2017) Important Current Affairs updates. Happy Reading :)
Daily Current Affairs of 22nd April 2017
International Current Affairs
- 47th International Earth Day is being observed today.
- The world's first ever Earth Day was celebrated on 22nd April 1970, in the United States of America to increase public awareness about environmental problems.
- It was founded by United States Senator Gaylord Nelson.
- The aim of the day is to bring attention to environmental issues to spark changes that will result in a healthy, sustainable environment.
- Theme of 2017 : “Environmental and Climate Literacy”.
- For the first time since the Industrial Revolution, Britain witnessed a full day powered by energy generated without the use of coal.
- Note : Britain will shut its last coal power station by 2025 to meet its climate change commitments.
National Current Affairs
- The Thiruvananthapuram Municipal Corporation in Kerala has started an initiative wherein cloth sanitary napkin vending machines will be set up in public spaces such as public toilets, railway stations and schools.
- The first 1,620 pads will be available for free and thereafter people will be charged ₹10 for three sanitary pads.
- The Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation, which regulates sale and distribution of drugs in India, has reportedly found medicines like Combiflam, a pain reliever, and D Cold Total, a cold medicine, to be substandard.
- Along with these drugs, the organisation issued an alert for 55 other drugs, all of which failed different tests in March, the report stated.