Read More -->>
Dear Great Ambitionists, here are today's (16th April 2017) Important Current Affairs updates. Happy Reading :)
Daily Current Affairs of 16th April 2017
International Current Affairs
- In order to spread awareness about the Sikh identity and culture, 'Turban Day' was organised at New York's Times Square by the non-profit group The Sikhs of New York.
- Note : The New York authorities had earlier declared April 15, 2017 as 'Turban Day'.
- A Russian legislative committee for security has recommended a bill to the Parliament banning all people who work for Russian Interior Ministry, including all police, from traveling abroad for recreational and personal reasons.
- The bill, which was initially drafted in late 2015, also forbids Russian citizens from entering police service if they have residence permits issued by foreign countries.
- North Korea today held a military parade to mark the 105th birth anniversary of its founding President Kim Il-sung and displayed its submarine-based ballistic missiles for the first time among other new types of intercontinental ballistic missiles.
- It also warned the US of toughest counteraction against its "military hysteria" as it deployed a navy strike group towards the region.