Read More -->>
Dear Great Ambitionists, here are today's (15th March 2017) Important Current Affairs updates. Happy Reading :)
Daily Current Affairs of 15th March 2017
International Current Affairs
- Today is World Consumer Rights Day.
- In India this day is celebrated as Viswa Upabhokta Adhikar Diwas.
- On March 15, 1962 US President John F. Kennedy gave a speech on consumer rights which led to the creation of the Consumer Bill of Rights.
- Consumer rights activist Anwar Fazal later proposed the observance of a "World Consumer Rights Day" marking that date, and from 15 March 1983 consumer organizations began observing that date as an occasion to promote basic rights of consumers.
- Theme for World Consumer Rights Day 2017 : ‘Building a Digital World Consumers can Trust’
- The Pakistan Army is set to send an army brigade to Saudi Arabia to protect the country's borders from Islamic State and Houthi rebels in the ongoing Yemen war.
- The two-year-old war in Yemen has killed more than 10,000 people and injured another 40,000 in which Saudi Arabia is supporting Yemeni President Mansour Hadi against the Houthi rebels.
- Representatives of 23 Asian countries are meeting in Islamabad, Pakistan to talk about creating a regional block similar to the European Union, Pakistan officials announced today.
- The chairman of Pakistan's Upper House of the Parliament, Raza Rabbani, urged the participants to take steps to ensure that the destiny of Asia must not be directed by the "capitalist" West.