Read More -->>
Dear Great Ambitionists, here are today's (26th November 2016) Important Current Affairs updates. Happy Reading :)
Daily Current Affairs of 26th November 2016
International Current Affairs
- Finland today announced a new energy and climate strategy.
- Under which the government will consider banning the use of coal as an energy source by 2030.
- The use of coal in Finland has been steadily declining since 2011, with investment increasing in renewable energy sector in 2012.
- Note : Energy prices in Scandinavian countries have been dropping since 2010.
- India observes its 'Constitution Day' today.
- Aim : To spread the importance of the Indian Constitution and to remember the architect of constitution Dr. B. R. Ambedkar.
- It was on this day in 1949 that the Constituent Assembly adopted the Constitution.
- The Constitution, however, came into force on January 26, 1950, which is celebrated as the country's Republic Day.
- The government had last year decided to celebrate the day to honour our Constitution and its promulgation.
- Today is 67th National Law Day.
- Today is National Milk Day.
- We observe this day to mark 95th birth anniversary of Dr.Verghese Kurien.
- Kurien is fondly known as the Father of White Revolution in India.
- He is the founder of dairy firm Amul.
- Important Note : India is the world's largest milk producing country, with 16 percent of total global production, followed by America, China, Pakistan and Brazil.
- 8th anniversary of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks observed today.
- On this day in 2008, ten Pakistani terrorists had arrived by sea route and opened fire indiscriminately at people killing 166, including 18 security personnel, and injuring several others, besides damaging property worth crores of rupees.
- The attack had begun on 26 November and lasted until 29 November.
- The then Maharashtra ATS Chief Hemant Karkare, army Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan, Mumbai's Additional Police Commissioner Ashok Kamte and Senior Police Inspector Vijay Salaskar were among those killed.
- Ajmal Kasab was the only terrorist who was captured alive.
- He was hanged four years later on November 21, 2012.