Read More -->>
- Sri Lanka is going to sign the Economic and Technology Cooperation Agreement (ETCA) with India by the year-end to strengthen economic ties, Sri Lankan PM Ranil Wickremesinghe announced today.
- The ETCA is expected to help the island country gain better access to India’s market.
- Note : India-Sri Lanka Free Trade Agreement will also be further expanded.
- India has been ranked 19th among 28 nations in the Biopharmaceutical Competitiveness Survey, commissioned by the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America.
- Countries were graded on scientific capabilities and infrastructure, clinical research conditions and framework, regulatory system, market access and financing, and effective intellectual property protections.
- Note : The US topped the list.
- The Telangana government is finalising plans to break up the existing 10 districts into 31 smaller ones for easy administration.
- Currently, the 1.14 lakh square kilometre state has nearly 36 lakh people residing in each district.
- Important Details about Telangana :
- Formed on : 2nd June 2014
- Capital : Hyderabad
- Total Districts :
- Now : 10
- After Dussehra : 31
- Chief minister : Kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao
- Governor : E. S. L. Narasimhan
- Official language : Telugu / Urdu