Read More -->>
Hello everyone, in our Lesson 40, we learnt about the prefixes Mega and Megalo. Mega; Megalo represent the meanings great; and large. Today we shall see the prefix meta. Happy Reading :)
Day 41 : Meta
- meta - to change; beyond
Let's try to understand this with some examples
- metabolism (noun) = a chemical process in living things that change food etc. into energy and materials for growth.
- meta - Prefix = change, beyond
- bol (ballein) - Root = to throw
- ism - Suffix = the system of
- metathesis (noun) = a change in the order of sounds or letters in a word.
- meta - Prefix = change
- thesis (tithenai) - Root = to place
Let's have a look at some more words with meta prefixes, for better understanding.
- metamorphic = formed by the action of heat or pressure
- metacarpal = any of hte five bones in the hand between wrist and the fingers