Why do you need free Kindness Coloring pages when teaching children empathy and compassion?
Research consistently shows that kids learn best when they are having fun! Coloring is a timeless activity enjoyed by all ages.
Most importantly, coloring is one of the fastest ways to spark authentic conversations about important topics.
This post will walk you through how to teach Kindness to kids and provide you with 10 no-cost kindness coloring pages your child or students will love!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Please see my disclosure for more details.
- Why teach kindness to kids?
- How to teach kindness to kids
- What are free kindness coloring pages for kids?
- Why choose Such a Little While for your social-emotional learning activities?
- 10 FREE Printable Kindness Coloring Pages that Kids Will Adore
- “Be Kind” Printable Coloring Page
- “Bee Kind” Printable Coloring Page
- Compassion Coloring Pages
- Free Empathy Coloring Page
- Preschool Kindness Coloring Pages
- Free Coloring Pages Showing Kindness
- The last thing you need to know about our kindness coloring pages
- Learn how to instill kindness through a positive approach to discipline!
Why teach kindness to kids?
The practice of teaching children about essential social skills such as kindness, responsibility, awareness of self and others, and emotional regulation is known as social-emotional learning.
Research supports a wealth of benefits for children who engage consistently in social-emotional learning, including:
- Improved social skills and relationships
- Increased positive attitude towards self and others
- Better academic achievement
- Fewer conduct problems
Additionally, studies suggest that people who adopt random acts of kindness into their daily lives feel less stressed and even live longer!
“SEL [Social-Emotional Learning] can help all young people and adults thrive personally and academically, develop and maintain positive relationships, become lifelong learners, and contribute to a more caring, just world.-Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL)
How to teach kindness to kids
As a Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator, I suggest caregivers and educators:
- Model kindness as a classroom or family value (particularly in moments of anger or frustration!)
- Ask reflection questions when your child observes kindness (e.g., “How did it feel when ______?”)
- Regularly celebrate kindness in a FUN way! (e.g., crafts and coloring pages that can be given to brighten someone’s day)
- Read and discuss children’s books about kindness
What are free kindness coloring pages for kids?
Our no-cost kindness coloring pages come in an instant download PDF format and can easily be printed from home, work, or your local copy center.
Each coloring page is designed to:
- Help spark conversations surrounding kindness
- Introduce terms such as “empathy” and “compassion”
- Enhance social-emotional learning lessons in the classroom
- Be given as gifts for children to experience the power of kindness and brighten someone’s day
Why choose Such a Little While for your social-emotional learning activities?
Here at Such a Little While, we are on a mission to help parents and educators foster healthy social and emotional development in children.
Our kindness coloring sheets are 100% free and designed by a seasoned former Pre-K to 12th-grade professional school counselor.
10 FREE Printable Kindness Coloring Pages that Kids Will Adore
Explore our 10 printable kindness coloring pages that kids will love.
They are perfect for all ages and occasions, including classroom lessons, at-home family fun, or the therapeutic setting.
We will also add you to our email newsletter for occasional social-emotional learning and parenting tips (we hope you’ll stick around; however, you are welcome to unsubscribe anytime!)
“Be Kind” Printable Coloring Page
Empower children to choose kindness and help make the world a better place with our “Be Kind” printable coloring page.
“Bee Kind” Printable Coloring Page
This short, sweet, and adorable “Bee Kind” printable coloring page is a simple reminder that a little kindness goes a long way.