Work Health and Safety Revamped!
There are four (4) new WHS qualifications released by the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) after the Case for Endorsement and implementation for the BSB Business Services Training Package (5.0) has been approved.
The new qualifications for the WHS industry include:
- ▪ BSB30719 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety
- ▪ BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- ▪ BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- ▪ BSB60619 Advanced Diploma of Work Health and Safety
Also included in the changes for BSB Business Services Training Package are the seven (7) new Units of Competency:
- ▪ BSBWHS331 Participate in identifying and controlling hazardous chemicals
- ▪ BSBWHS431 Develop processes and procedures for controlling hazardous chemicals in the workplace
- ▪ BSBWHS512 Contribute to managing work-related psychological health and safety
- ▪ BSBWHS514 Manage WHS compliance of contractors
- ▪ BSBWHS531 Implement and evaluate system of work for managing hazardous chemicals
- ▪ BSBWHS611 Develop and implement strategies that support work-related psychological health and safety
- ▪ BSBWHS612 Develop and implement a strategy to support a positive WHS culture
The new qualifications and units of competencies can be seen on training.gov.au
Who Needs to Take Note?
Industry changes are unpredictable and come almost all of a sudden or could take some time before the next big thing. In any case, RTO’s should be ever ready and must be able to adapt quickly, whatever may come along.
This means, RTO’s should look to capitalise on the release of the new WHS courses.
It’s never not a good thing to get ahead of the game and be the first ones to offer the newest qualifications on the market. So, if you’re an RTO, grab the chance and get going now to benefit from being one of the first RTO’s to promote the latest WHS qualifications while your competitors are still crafting a move.
Also, if you’re someone who’s been into the WHS industry, and is a holder of any current WHS qualification, then this news is also for you! Grab the chance to upskill your recent qualification, and get yourself ready for the industry’s ever-changing demands.
After all, you will always benefit from being qualified with the latest industry standards.
To sum it all up, here are the changes to the WHS qualifications:
- ▪ Four (4) new qualifications changed from superseded versions
- ▪ Twenty-six units (26) changed from superseded versions
- ▪ Three (3) units deleted
- ▪ Seven (7) new units created
For the latest info regarding industry and qualification news, visit training.gov.au
Love the content you just read? We have more for you!