MBBS degree is an undergraduate course for students who want to fulfill their dream of becoming a doctor. A Student holding the MBBS degree becomes a certified medical practitioner. In India, MBBS course is of five years and six months duration which includes one year of rotational internship at hospitals, health centers, etc. So, MBBS can be a good career option for aspirants who want to study medical science and become a doctor.
Every year many students apply for the Medical Entrance exams at national level and on the basis of their rank in the entrance test, they get admission to the colleges. The entrance test is usually very tough which makes it difficult for even the bright students to qualify it. Hence, they are left with the option of taking admission in private colleges.
Admission in private colleges is quite difficult as they are very expensive. Due to this reason, Indian students have now started moving abroad for their medical studies. One of the best foreign countries for pursuing MBBS is the Philippines. Many students move to Philippines to get a degree in medicine as there are many good colleges there where quality medical education is available at an affordable fee structure.
Why choose Southern University-Matias H. Aznar Memorial College of Medicine, Philippines for MBBS?
Matias H. Anzar Memorial College of Medicine, Inc. is a not for profit educational institution established in 1946. It was founded by Don Matias Hipolito Aznar II and his wife Dona Anunciacion Barcenilla Aznar. The college is located at Cebu city, which is one of the most beautiful towns of the Country.
The main campus of Southern University is located at Redemptorist Plaza, Brgy. Camputhaw, Cebu city, Philippines. There are 2 campuses at the university:-
• Main Campus which is located at Urgello St.
• And Aznar Coliseum Complex at Aznar Road
The University is built on a very large area. It has spacious classrooms, laboratories for experiments, and library for medical students which are fully furnished and ventilated. The students can visit the library on holidays as well. There are Botanical parks, Science parks where students can visit for some practical as well as theoretical knowledge.
The staff of the college is extremely talented and specializes in their specific stream. Also, they are supportive of the students in both – studies as well as extra-curricular activities.
One of the unique facilities provided in MBBS course is that it gives extreme level of practical exposure to the students. It is affiliated with the following institutes:
• Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center (VSMMC)- Base Hospital
• Perpetual Succour Hospital
• Visayas Community Medical Center
• Chong Hua Hospital (CHH)
• Yanhee Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
The college has the following programmatic accreditations:
• The Pulse – The official publication of Matias H. Aznar Memorial College of Medicine, Inc.
• MHAM College of Medicine Medical Research Journal
The medium of instruction for the MD course is English.
Quality and Cultural Aspects of Student life
The university is best for providing a good and healthy environment for the students. There are provisions for sports, extra-curricular activities, and other events held at the university campus.. Some of the activities include:
• Founder’s Day
• MHAMurals (Basketball Competitions)
• Literary contest
• Nursing training for office staff
• National Medical Research Contest
• MHAM Awards- Mr. and Ms. MHAM Awards
• Central Visayas Mobile Blood Donation Program
• Volleyball Events
• Boxing Events
Admission process and requirements
The candidates desiring admission should fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
• Senior secondary school or Bachelor’s degree with science subjects;
• Must have cleared National Medical Admissions Test (NMAT)
• Three copies of Birth Certificate (1 original, 2 authenticated)
• Passport, updated student visa, ACR Card
• Three Official Transcript of Records
• Two original copies of Certificate of Good Moral Character
• Three copies of Diploma
• Two copies of NBI Clearance
• Five copies of 2×2 most recent photo (black and white)
• One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) for Application Fee.
• A brief narrative on how your Medical Education will be financed
• Original copy of NMAT result not later than 2 years from application.
• Long clear book(Orange)
• Php 1,500.00 per semester for college fund
Matias H. Anzar Memorial College of Medicine is committed to providing a wide range of benefits to support their students personally and professionally. They strive to provide students scholarships on basis of their percentage, good environment, hostel facility at low cost, food, security etc.
Studying at Matias H. Anzar Memorial College of Medicine, gives the students a chance of becoming quality medical professionals along with professional development. It has also come up with various technical assistance on different academic developments, especially in Medical fields with various countries.
Following are some of the key faculties:
• President- Mrs. Elma Aznar-Sierra
• Jr. Member- Santiago A. Sierra
• VP for Administration- Victor A. Sierra
• AVP for Administration- Francisco B. Bacalla
• AVP Technical Assistant- Marie Joy T. Solis
• HRD Director- Pedro U. Panares
• Accounting Head- Flor T. Delicano
• Consultant- Francisco B. Bacalla
The Philippines is a very popular destination among students desirous of pursuing medical studies. Southern University-Matias H. Aznar Memorial College of Medicine, Philippines is one of the best medical college of Philippines. In 70 years of existence, it has established itself as a topnotch hub for medical education and is popular across the nation. The college specializes in medical education and has well-qualified staff for the same. Additionally, it has a perfect location and superior infrastructure to give the students best learning experience.
The post MBBS at Southern University-Matias H. Aznar Memorial College of Medicine, Philippines appeared first on Just for Education.