Daily Current Affairs – August 02, 2019
In this page we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs 2019. If you are preparing for competitive exams,it is necessary to know about the Current Affairs in detail and the Daily Current Affairs knowledge will help you to get good scores in your competitive exams such as UPSC,SSC,RRB and other state PSCs. This page will also help you to get Current Affairs Pdf.
Here we have given you the Important current affairs 2019 on daily basis. You can get good scores in your competitive exams by gaining knowledge in daily current affairs. Below you can read the current affairs of August 2nd, 2019.
August 02 – Birth anniversary of freedom fighter Pingali Venkayya
Pingali Venkayya, a freedom fighter and the designer of the flag on which the Indian national flag was based was born on August 02 in 1876, near Machilipatnam in Andhra Pradesh. Today is his 143rd birth anniversary. Venkayya’s design for the National Flag was finally approved by Mahatma Gandhi in a Congress meeting in Vijayawada in 1921.
One Nation-one Ration Card scheme implemented on pilot basis in four States
- In a major boost to national food security government, launched the One Nation-One Ration Card scheme on a pilot basis in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Gujarat from today.
President Kovind inaugurates exhibitions on Mahatma Gandhi and Khadi in Gambia
- President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated exhibitions on Mahatma Gandhi and Khadi at the Ebunjan Theatre in The Gambia to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of the Mahatma. These exhibitions starting today will be held till 2nd October.
MIB launches a competition for designing Postage Stamp
- Ministry of Information & Broadcasting has launched a competition for designing a Postage Stamp along with the First Day Cover to commemorate Golden Jubilee edition of International Film Festival of India (IFFI).
‘Save Green, Stay Clean’ awareness campaign
- The West Bengal Government has launched an awareness campaign ‘Save Green, Stay Clean’ in Kolkata for preserving the greenery and keeping the environment clean.
Japan’s cabinet approves removal of South Korea from favoured trade list
- Japan’s cabinet approved a plan to remove South Korea from a list of countries that enjoy minimum export controls, a move likely to escalate tensions fuelled by a dispute over compensation for wartime forced labourers.
Indian president’s First visit to Guinea
- President Ram Nath Kovind has reached the Guinea capital, Conakry. Mr. Kovind was accorded a warm welcome by President of Guinea Alpha Conde .Our correspondent reports that this is the first-ever state visit by an Indian President to Guinea.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
KABIL set up to ensure supply of critical Minerals to Indian domestic market
- A joint venture company Khanij Bidesh India limited, KABIL has been set up with the participation of three Central Public Sector Enterprises, CPSEs to ensure supply of critical Minerals to Indian domestic market. These CPSEs are National Aluminium Company Limited, Hindustan Copper Limited and Mineral Exploration Company limited.
Japan approves growing human organs in animals for first time
- Scientists in Japan will begin trying to grow human organs in animals after receiving government permission for the first study of its kind in the country. It is the first step in what researchers caution is a very long path towards a future where human organs for transplant could be grown inside animals.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
Conference on Countering Rogue Drones’ in New Delhi
- In the ‘Conference on Countering Rogue Drones’ in New Delhi, Rakesh Asthana, Director General, Bureau of Civil Aviation Security said, Ministry had constituted a committee for finding out best available counter drone solutions and standards to safeguard civil aviation against possible drone attacks in India.
New director of Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP)
- Atish Dabholkar, a theoretical physicist from India, has been appointed as the new director of Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) in Trieste, Italy.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Vice President M Venkaih Naidu released book “The Dynamics of Indian Education”
- Vice President M Venkaih Naidu released book “The Dynamics of Indian Education”,. This book was written by Prof Rajput, in New Delhi.
Football Giant East Bengal Club turns 100 years
- Football Giant East Bengal Club turns 100 years on August 01 . On this day in 1920 East Bengal Club was established at Kumartuli Park in North Kolkata.
Aishwary wins gold at Sardar Sajjan Singh Sethi memorial shooting
- In Shooting, Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar clinched a yellow metal in Men’s Rifle 3 Positions (3P) at 12th Sardar Sajjan Singh Sethi Memorial Masters competition in New Delhi.
DOWNLOAD Daily Current Affairs August 02, 2019 PDF
2019 Daily & Monthly Current Affairs
|To Subscribe Youtube Channel||Click Here|
|To Join Whatsapp||Click Here|
|To Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|