Daily Current Affairs – March 29 2019
To Know 2019 Daily Current Affairs
- Assam Chief Electoral Officer Mukesh Sahu launched the Enajori initiative in Guwahati. It is a special initiative for persons with disabilities with an aim that ‘No Voter to be Left behind’.
- It is a joint initiative of CEO Assam and Social Welfare Department with an objective to make Lok Sabha Elections accessible to Persons with Disability, PwD voters.
Germany adds six months to Saudi arms export ban
- Germany has extended by six months an embargo on weapons exports to Saudi Arabia, instituted last October.
UN council passes resolution to combat terrorist financing
- The UN Security Council has unanimously passed the first-ever resolution ordering members to enforce laws against terror financing.
Venezuela′s Juan Guaido barred from public office for 15 years
- Venezuela has barred opposition leader Juan Guaido from holding public office for 15 years.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
GST Authority clarifies on change/transfer in ownership of sole proprietorship
- The Goods and Services Tax, GST Authority has clarified that transfer or change in the ownership of business will include transfer or change in the ownership of business due to death of the sole proprietor.
GI Certification for five varieties of Indian coffee
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India has recently awarded Geographical Indication (GI) to five varieties of Indian coffee. They are:
- Coorg Arabica coffee, Wayanaad Robusta coffee, Chikmagalur Arabica coffee, Araku Valley Arabica coffee and Bababudangiris Arabica coffee
Development of Combat Management System for Indigenous Aircraft Carrier through Private Sector
- The Combat Management System (CMS) for the Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC) developed with M/s Tata Power Strategic Engineering Division (TPSED), in collaboration with Weapon and Electronics System Engineering Establishment (WESEE) and M/s MARS, Russia.
India Open tournament
- Kidambi Srikanth and Parupalli Kashyap have reached the men’s singles semifinals of the India Open tournament.
Manu Bhaker, Saurabh Chaudhary clinch gold
- Young pistol shooters Manu Bhaker and Saurabh Chaudhary clinched a gold medal each, their second in the competition at the 12th Asian Airgun Championships in Taoyuan, Chinese Taipei.
- Manu won the women’s 10 metre Air Pistol while Saurabh bagged a team gold in the men’s event.
- Abhishek Verma also won individual silver in the men’s 10-metre Air Pistol.
- The women’s pistol team also won a bronze.
2019 February Current Affairs Monthly Capsule
To Download 2019 Current Affairs February Quiz
To Follow Channel –Click Here
For WhatsAPP Group – Click Here