Daily Current Affairs – January 27,28 2019
To Know 2019 Daily Current Affairs
Integrated Refinery Expansion Complex in Kochi
- PM dedicates to the nation Integrated Refinery Expansion Complex and Mounded Storage Vessel at LPG Bottling Plant in Kochi.
- Foundation stone for Petrochemical complex at BPCL Kochi Refinery laid by PM.
Foundation stone for AIIMS Medical College and Hospital
- PM lays foundation stone for AIIMS Medical College and Hospital at Madurai.
- Upgradation of Government Medical Colleges in Madurai, Thanjavur and Tirunelveli inaugurated by PM.
- 12 Post Office Passport Seva Kendras Inaugurated.
First Cash and Carry Store
- Common Services Centres launches First Cash and Carry Store in Kanth, Muradabad. CSC will now promote Cash and Carry store one in every block across the country
Malaysia stripped of world para swim event over Israel stance
- Malaysia has been stripped of the right to host the 2019 World Para Swimming Championships for threatening to refuse to allow Israeli athletes to take part.
Climate march to prevent global warming
- Climate march held in Belgium for urgent action to prevent global warming. The event has been described as Belgium’s biggest climate march ever.
- Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena dedicated to the public newly imported locomotive power set from India to be used for the ‘Uttara Devi’ Colombo-Kankesanthurai train.
- The new powerset has been imported from India under Line of credit (LOC) assistance.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
ICAR launched NAHEP
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) launches National Agricultural Higher Education Project (NAHEP) to attract talent and strengthen higher agricultural education in the country.
- The second Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) of the country established in Barahi, Jharkhand.
Inter-Session Consultative Committee Meeting
- Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Shri Ram Vilas Paswan chairs Inter-Session Consultative Committee Meeting in Bengaluru to review functioning of Food Corporation of India & Bureau of Indian Standards.
International Stock Taking Conference on Tiger Conservation
- The 3rd Stock Taking Conference on Tiger Conservation was inaugurated in New Delhi.
National Conclave on Technical Textiles
- Ministry of Textiles will hold National Conclave on Technical Textiles on 29th January 2019 in Mumbai. The event will also be a curtain raiser for TechnoTex 2019.The conclave will be presided over by the Union Minister of Textiles, Smriti Zubin Irani.
‘Vande Bharat Express’
- Indian Railways has named the indigenously manufactured Train 18 as Vande Bharat Express.
- It is India’s first semi-high speed train equipped with world class passenger amenities and is set to run between Delhi and Varanasi at a maximum speed of 160 kmph.
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
MoU between Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare and Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
- A MoU has been signed between the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare and the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship to promote skill development in the field of agriculture.
- The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) was awarded First Prize for its Tableau, ‘Kisan Gandhi’ in the Republic Day Parade – 2019. Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman, Minister of Defence, handed over the award to the ICAR team.
- The ICAR tableau displayed the importance of dairy farming, use of indigenous breeds and livestock based organic agriculture for rural prosperity.
- The ICAR tableau “Kisan Gandhi” portrayed the Gandhiji’s vision to improve agriculture and livestock for the prosperity of rural communities.
APP & WEBPORTAL
‘RDP INDIA 2019’
- As a new initiative in sync with the Digital India campaign of the Government, Ministry of Defence had launched a mobile app ‘RDP India 2019’ on the Republic Day, with the intent of making available the highlights of the Republic Day event to the general public all over theworld.
Australian Open Tennis
- Novak Djokovic defeated Rafael Nadal to win his 7th Australian Open Men’s Singles title at Melbourne.
- Naomi Osaka became the first Asian player to achieve the world number one ranking.
Amateur Golf Championship
- India’s Kartik Sharma won the New South Wales men’s Amateur Golf Championship in Australia.
Velammal-AICF International Women Grand Master round-robin chess tournament
- The Velammal-AICF International Women Grand Master round-robin chess tournament will begin in Chennai.
- It is a novel initiative of All India Chess Federation which provide opportunities to the country’s young Women International Masters to obtain WGM norms in home conditions.
Indonesia Masters Badminton
- Saina Nehwal won her first Indonesia Masters title after three-time world champion Carolina Marin limped out of the final due to a leg injury.
India Vs New Zealand ODI series
- India beat New Zealand by 7 wickets in the third ODI and took an unassailable 3-0 lead in the five match series.
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs
To Download 2018 Current Affairs Quiz PDF