Daily Current Affairs – November 22 2018
Haryana enhances DA by 6 % for government employees
- Haryana Government has enhanced Dearness Allowance (DA) by 6 per cent for State Government employees with effect from July 1, 2018.
New measures for water scarcity hit farmers in the state
- Gujarat Government has announced new measures for water scarcity hit farmers in the state.
Jammu and Kashmir
J&K Assembly dissolved
- Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satyapal Malik dissolved the State Assembly last evening after rival alliances led by PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti and People’s Conference leader Sajjad Lone staked claim to form the government.
Tamil Nadu government seeks 15000 Cr aid from Centre
- Tamil Nadu urged the Centre to release 15 thousand crore rupees for relief and rehabilitation works in ‘cyclone Gaja’ affected areas in the State.
Maharashtra government passes bill to amend the anti-adulteration law
- Maharashtra government passed the bill to amend the anti-adulteration law to make it more stringent, prescribing life imprisonment and heavy penalty to curb food and milk adulteration.
Reservation to Maratha community without disturbing OBC reservation
- The state government has informed the high court that it has accepted all the recommendations of the backward commission on Maratha Reservation. The government will give the reservation to Maratha community without disturbing OBC reservation.
- Nepal’s largest exhibition on construction equipment and technology “ConMac 2018” started in Bhaktapur near Kathmandu.
- The 3 day mega event is organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in association with Embassy of India.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
10th Agro-Vision Exhibition
- 10th Agro-Vision Exhibition, central India’s biggest agricultural exhibition will be held from 23rd to 26th November in Nagpur.
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
Allied and Healthcare Professions Bill, 2018
- Cabinet approves the Allied and Healthcare Professions Bill, 2018 for regulation and standardisation of education and services by allied and healthcare professionals.
Agreement between India and Uzbekistan
- Cabinet apprised of Agreement between India and Uzbekistan on Cooperation in the field of Science, Technology and Innovation.
MoU between India and Tajkistan
- Cabinet approves MoU between India and Tajkistan on Cooperation on Youth Matters.
MoU between India and Russia
- Cabinet apprised of the MoU between Atal Innovation Mission, India and Fund “Talent and Success”, Russia for promotion of science & technology.
MoU between India and Mauritius
- Cabinet approves MoU with Mauritius on Consumer Protection and Legal Metrology.
Cabinet approves setting up of Medical College at Silvassa
- Cabinet approves setting up of Medical College at Silvassa in the UT of Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
Commemoration of the 550th Birth Anniversary of Shri Guru Nanak Devji
- Cabinet approves Commemoration of the 550th Birth Anniversary of Shri Guru Nanak Devji.
- The United States and South Korea have scaled down an annual joint military exercise, Foal Eagle, scheduled for the spring of 2019.
- Wildlife Crime Control Bureau (WCCB), Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India – UN Environment award [for combating transboundary environmental crime]
APP & WEBPORTAL
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development has linked SHe-Box, the online portal to report complaints of Sexual Harassment at Workplace, to all the Central Ministries, Departments and 653 districts across 33 States/Union Territories.
Women’s World Championships
- MC Mary Kom entered the final of the Women’s World Championships in New Delhi.
FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup
- Germany beat US 4-0 to make FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup quarterfinal.
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs
To Download Pocket Current Affairs
To Download 2018 Current Affairs Quiz PDF