Daily Current Affairs – September 7 2018
Odisha House nod for Legislative Council
- A resolution seeking creation of a Legislative Council in Odisha was passed in the State Assembly.
AWOS being installed at Kannur airport
- The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has commenced work to install the Automated Weather Observing System (AWOS) in the Kannur international airport to ensure the safety and efficiency of aircraft operations.
One-day Karnataka Health Summit
- A one-day ‘Karnataka Health Summit-2018’ on ‘Universal Health Care Opportunities and Challenges’ is being organised in Bengaluru.
India to soon deploy 1st ‘smart fence’ project along Pak, Bangladesh border
- The first ‘smart fence’ pilot project, which entails deploying laser fences and technology-enabled barriers to plug venerable gaps along India’s borders, is expected to be formally launched by Home Minister Rajnath Singh
U.K. physicist donates $3 mn prize to boost diversity
- Jocelyn Bell Burnell, one of Britain’s leading astrophysicists is donating her $3 million purse from a major science prize to encourage diversity in physics.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
RBI slaps Rs.1-cr penalty on Union Bank
- Reserve Bank of India has imposed a Rs.1-crore penalty on Union bank for delay in detection and reporting of fraud.
Ashok Leyland sets up EV unit
- Ashok Leyland Ltd. (ALL) inaugurated an in-house start-up electric vehicle (EV) facility at its Ennore plant here as part of its 70th anniversary celebrations.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
6th International Geriatric Orthopaedic Conference
- The Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh inaugurated the 6th International Geriatric Orthopaedic Society of India Conference on the theme “Increased Longevity with Reduced Fragility and Enhanced Mobility”, at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
G20 Education Ministers’ and Joint Ministerial Meeting
- The Minister of State for Human Resource Development, Dr. Satya Pal Singh lead a high level delegation to the G-20 Education Ministers’ Meeting as well as Joint Ministerial Meeting held at Mendoza, Argentina. It was the first ever meeting of Education Ministers in the history of G-20.
- Anshula Kant – Managing Director of SBI
- Ashwani Bhatia – Managing director and chief executive officer of SBI Mutual Fund.
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
India and France have signed an implementation agreement on “MOBILISE YOUR CITY” (MYC)
- Mobilise Your City (MYC) aims at supporting three pilot cities viz. Nagpur, Kochi and Ahmedabad for reduction of Green House Gas (GHG) emissions related to urban transport.
APP & WEBPORTAL
Aapoorti mobile app
- Piyush Goyal-led Railway Ministry has launched the Aapoorti mobile app of Indian Railways e-procurement system (IREPS) in a bid to provide information as well as data related to e-tendering and e-auction related activities of the national transporter.
ISSF Shooting World Championships
- Hriday Hazarika won Gold Medal in the 10m Air Rifle Junior Men’s event in the ISSF Shooting World Championships.
- India Blue thrashed defending champion India Red by an innings and 187 runs in the final to win the Duleep Trophy
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs
To Download Pocket Current Affairs
To Download 2018 August Month Current Affairs Quiz PDF