Daily Current Affairs – August 28 2018
Charging Stations for e-Vehicles
- Union Minister of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises, Anant G. Geete inaugurated two charging stations, one for fast charging (DC) and the other for slow charging (AC), in Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi. Fast charging stations have been installed by BHEL and six slow charging stations have been installed by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL).
Centre sanctions Rs.63-cr dairy project for Karimnagar
- The Union government has sanctioned a mega dairy project of 3 lakh litres capacity to be set up at a cost of Rs.63 crore as part of the expansion of Karimnagar Dairy run by Karimnagar Milk Producer Company Limited under the Pradhana Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana scheme.
Life sentence for sacrilege of religious texts
- Punjab state Assembly unanimously passed Bills for an amendment to the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPc) to make sacrilege of all religious texts punishable with life imprisonment.
U.S. team to study Kerala flood impact
- A team of scientists from the U.S.-based Geotechnical Extreme Events Reconnaisance (GEER) Association is arriving on September 3 to investigate the impact of the torrential rains that wreaked havoc across Kerala.
ISRO to send first Indian into Space by 2022
- Gaganyaan – India’s First Indian human mission will be launched by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) by 2022.
India may face nutritional deficiencies due to CO2 rise
- Millions of Indians are at the risk of becoming nutrient deficient by 2050, as rising levels of carbon dioxide (CO2) are making staple crops such as rice and wheat less nutritious, according to a study.
Physicists observe decay of Higgs boson
- Six years after tracking down the Higgs boson, the subatomic particle that confers mass on matter, physicists have “at long last” witnessed it decaying into tiny bits called “bottom quarks”.
World’s smallest medical robot sets Guinness record
- Scientists have set a new Guinness World Record by creating the smallest medical robot – a device measuring just 120 nanometres that could assist in future cancer and Alzheimer’s treatments.
SUMMITS & CONFERENCES
Smart Railway Conclave
- Shri Piyush Goyal, Minister of Railways & Coal, inaugurates Smart Railway Conclave organised by FICCI, in New Delhi.
- Pavan Shah replaced Aryan Juyal – Captain of the India under-19 cricket squad for the Asia Cup
- Satya Tripathi – Assistant Secretary-General & Head of New York Office of UNEP
MOU, AGREEMENTS & CABINET APPROVALS
Mou signed for the India Energy Efficiency Scale-Up Program
- The Government of India and the World Bank signed a $220 million Loan Agreement and a $80 million Guarantee Agreement for the India Energy Efficiency Scale-Up Program. The Program, to be implemented by the Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL).
MoU signed between Government of Rajasthan, Government of India & World Bank
- The Government of India, the Government of Rajasthan and the World Bank signed a $250 million Development Policy Loan (DPL) to support the Government of Rajasthan in improving the performance of its Electricity Distribution Sector under the State’s 24×7 Power for All program.
APP & WEBPORTAL
NAA launches Consumer Helpline to receive Anti-Profiteering Complaints
- In a bid to encourage the consumers to file complaints against the companies who are not passing the GST benefits, the National Anti-profiteering Authority ( NAA) has started a helpline number 011-21400643
Asian Games 2018
- Both Indian women’s and men’s compound team won silver medal after losing to South Korea in the finals at the 18th Asian Games
- V. Sindhu won silver after losing to Tai Tzu Ying in women’s badminton.
- India won silver in the mixed 4x400m relay through Muhammed Anas, M.R. Poovamma, Hima Das and Arokia Rajiv.
- Manjit Singh wins gold, Jinson Johnson silver in Men’s 800m
- India bagged two medals in Kurash, a form of wrestling indigenous to central Asia, with Pincky Balhara and Malaprabha Yallappa Jadhav winning silver and bronze
- The Indian men’s table tennis team comprising G. Sathiyan, Achanta Sharath Kamal and A. Amalraj settled for a historic bronze medal after losing 3-0 to South Korea
To Know 2018 Daily Current Affairs
To Download Pocket Current Affairs
To Download 2018 July Month Current Affairs Quiz PDF