Important Current Affairs August 24 2018 – One liner
- The Airport Authority of India has allotted space at Ahmedabad, Udaipur and Kolkata airports for opening of Tribes India outlets.
- The government has imposed standard conditions for as many as 25 sectors like steel, coal and oil, seeking environment clearance (EC) for expansion of existing projects or new projects.
- The International Council on Monuments and Sites [ICOMOS], a global monument conservation body, has launched an initiative to assess the damage to the rich cultural and built heritage in flood-devastated Kerala and set up an emergency response platform.
- Reliance Industries becomes first Indian company to cross Rs 8 lakh crore market cap
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) Chairperson Dr. M. S. Sahoo inaugurated one-day refresher programme for insolvency professionals supported by Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana.
- Scott Morrison – Australia’s new Prime Minister
- Chief Justice S.J. Vazifdar – Head a committee constituted by the tribunal to decide on Vedanta Ltd’s by the National Green Tribunal (NGT)
- Lalchand Rajput – Head coach of Zimbabwe’s national cricket team
- India and Singapore signed the Second Protocol amending the Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement (CECA) in New Delhi.
- The Punjab cabinet approved a bill for creation of a price stabilisation fund which will ensure state farmers get minimum support price (MSP).
- The Stores, Proactive, Efficient and Expeditious Despatch of Extra Size/ Wt Consignment (SPEEDEX) contract was formally launched by Indian Air Force.
- Exercise Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Peace Mission 2018, opening ceremony was conducted on 24 August 2018 at Chebarkul, Russia.
Asian Games 2018
- India loses to Iran in women’s kabaddi
- Heena Sidhu won bronze in the women’s 10m air pistol
- Indian rower’s team comprising Sawarn Singh, Dattu Bhokanal, Om Prakash and Sukhmeet Singh won the gold medal in men’s quadruple sculls.
- Rohan Bopanna, Divij Sharan their maiden men’s tennis doubles gold
- India bagged two bronze medals in rowing through Rohit Kumar and Bhagwan Singh.
To Know 2018 Pocket Current Affairs
To Download Detailed Current Affairs
To Download 2018 July Month Current Affairs Quiz PDF