Essay on Mahatma Gandhi- Students from Class 1 to 12 search for a short essay on Mahatma Gandhi to complete their assignment or homework. Most of the times the common question in the term examinations is to write a Mahatma Gandhi essay in English in 500 words. Here, we have provided a 500 words essay on Mahatma Gandhi so that students can make a good compiling short essay about Mahatma Gandhi to get good marks in final exams. Students can get the idea on how to phrase the words to make a good essay on Mahatma Gandhi in 500 words.
Essay on Mahatma Gandhi in 500 Words (English)
Mahatma Gandhi, popularly known as Father of Nation, plays a vital role in the Independence struggle of India. His full name is Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. With his dedication and determination, he successfully led many freedom movements in India. He is majorly known for his “Dandi March”, also called as Salt Satyagraha, held from March 12, 1930 to April 6, 1930. It was a 24-days march starting from Sabarmati Ashram to Dandi. In the era of violence, he supported the non-violence freedom movements. He was a great patriotic leader with an unbelievably attractive personality. His contributions in India’s independence is unforgettable.
Background of Mahatma Gandhi
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi was born on October 2, 1869 in a Gujarati family. His birthplace is Porbandar (also known as Sudamapuri). He is the fourth and youngest son of Karamchand Gandhi and Putlibai. He has 2 elder brothers and 1 sister. At the age of 13 years, Mohandas Gandhi was married to a 14-year-old girl, Kasturbai Makhanji Kapadia. Mohandas and Kasturba had four sons: Harilal, Manilal, Ramdas, and Devdas.
Mahatma Gandhi Education
Mahatma Gandhi studied law from London and returned to India in June 1891. After his inability to cross-examine witnesses, he moved to South Africa to be a lawyer. During his 21 years of stay in South Africa, he developed political views.
Achievements of Mahatma Gandhi
Mahatma Gandhi received innumerable awards and recognition. However, people know only a few. Some of the main achievements are mentioned here.
- Because of his continuous struggle, he successfully contributed in eliminating the British rule from India in 1947.
- Gandhi received the Queen’s South Africa Medal along with thirty-seven other Indians.
- Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi were appreciated and followed by many popular leaders including Martin Luther King Jr and Nelson Mandela.
- Honoring Mahatma Gandhi, UN celebrates October 2 as “the International Day of Nonviolence.” Also, many countries observe January 30 as the School Day of Nonviolence and Peace.
Mahatma Gandhi Death
Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated on January 30, 1948 by Nathuram Godse.
Conclusion– Mahatma Gandhi is remembered as the Father of Nation because of his unforgettable contribution in the freedom of India. He has devoted his entire life to the nation.
Essay on Mahatma Gandhi- Tips to Write Essay
- Students should write an essay in points so that teacher can easily read the essay to give good marks.
- It is suggested to not repeat the information.
- Carefully read the complete essay of Mahatama Gandhi after completing. This will help in eliminating some unintentional errors.
Stay Connected with StudyGrades to get detailed essays on various topics!
The post Essay on Mahatma Gandhi in 500 Words (English)- Short Essay appeared first on StudyGrades.