JEE Main Exam Pattern 2019- The Jee Main 2019 exam is one of the most awaited exams for candidates seeking admission in NITs, IITs and other government-funded engineering and technical institutions. The first attempt of JEE Main 2019 will be held from 06- 20 January, 2019 whereas the second attempt will be conducted from 06- 20 April, 2019. For those who want to clear their JEE Main with the highest score, they need to study the JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern carefully to know what it requires to make it to the top. Candidates must aim at getting a high score in order to pass the JEE Main cut off mark which will be decided post the examination by the official conducting body of the exam. The JEE Main Exam Pattern remains true to its structure for most of its part. NTA is the official conducting body of the JEE Main and will be putting together the JEE Main Exam Pattern 2019 and JEE Main Syllabus which can then be followed by the candidates who will be appearing for the exam.
JEE Main Exam Pattern 2019
|Papers||Subjects||Type of Questions||Exam Mode|
|Paper I (B.E./B.Tech.)||Physics, Mathematics, & Chemistry||Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)||Computer Based Test (CBT) mode|
|Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B.Planning)||Part I- Mathematics
Part II- Aptitude Test
|Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)||Computer Based Test (CBT) mode|
|Part III- Drawing Test||Question to test drawing skills||Pen & Paper Based (offline) mode|
- The JEE Main 2019 Exam will be conducted in only online mode.
- However, the B.Arch. and B.Planning will not be a computer-based test and will only be conducted offline.
- The JEE Main 2019 will have two papers –
- Paper I – B.Tech./B.E.
- Paper II – B.Arch/B.Planning
Latest News- JEE Main 2019 Registration Started- Apply Here
- Candidates have the option to either apply for Paper I or Paper II.
- There is also an option to apply for both for those candidates who want to pursue the respective courses they are offering.
|Question Paper Medium||English, Hindi & Gujarati|
|Examination Duration||3 hours|
|Type of questions||Objective type|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks will be allotted for each correct answer and 01 mark will be deducted for incorrect answers|
Types of Questions
- Paper I will consist of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the core subjects from which the questions will be asked.
- The Paper I will be an online test.
- The questions asked will all be objective type questions pertaining to the given subjects – Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Paper II will be further broken down into three parts which are –
- Aptitude Test
- Drawing Test
- Both, part one and part two consisting of Mathematics and the Aptitude test will be objective type questions while the third part will require the candidates to engage their drawing skills.
- The Paper II be held in online mode however, the drawing test will be conducted in pen and paper mode.
- The candidates can choose to answer the paper in Hindi or English medium.
|Papers||Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
- In Paper I the following is the breakup of the number of questions–
- Physics – 30 questions
- Chemistry – 30 questions
- Mathematics – 30 questions
- The Paper I will consist of a total of 90 questions carrying 4 marks each. This will add up to a total of 360 marks.
- 1/4th marks will be deducted as part of negative marking. However, there is no additional deduction of marks for no answer.
- For Paper II candidates are required to bring the stationary which will be needed during the third part of the exam which involves drawing.
- Additionally, the candidates must carefully read the test booklet and the instructions provided at the beginning of the paper to ensure that they follow the required information and steps to attempt the paper.
JEE Main 2019 Important Books
|Reference Books for Physics|
|Concept of Physics Part 1 and Part 2||HC Verma|
|Problems in General Physics||I.E. Irodov|
|Problems in Physics||S.S. Krotov|
|Reference Books for Chemistry|
|Organic Chemistry||Morrison Boyd|
|Inorganic Chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
|Concise Inorganic Chemistry||J.D. Lee|
|Reference Books for Mathematics|
|Differential Calculus||A Das Gupta|
|IIT Mathematics||M.L. Khanna|
|Class XI and XII Mathematics||R.D. Sharma|
|Higher Algebra||Hall and Knight|
|Trigonometry, Geometry Books||S.L. Loney|
Stay Connected With StudyGrades for latest updates on JEE Main Exam Pattern 2019..!
The post JEE Main Exam Pattern 2019- Check Complete Paper Pattern appeared first on StudyGrades.