The University of Manchester offers 27 scholarships (17 for full-time study and 10 for part-time study) available to students from Uganda, Ethiopia, Rwanda and Tanzania. Scholarships are available for pursuing postgraduate taught master’s degree level at the University of Manchester in the UK.
Application deadline: 9 September 2018
ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES: Africans who wants to study in UK.
BENEFITS OF UNIVERSITY OF Manchester Scholarship FOR AFRICANSThis is a fully funded scholarship for African students in UK. Which will cover for tuition fee, accommodation, book allowance etc.
Eligibility FOR UNIVERSITY OF MANCHESTER SCHOLARSHIP FOR AFRICANSThe master’s scholarships are aimed at talented applicants, especially from disadvantaged backgrounds. To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- 2 years work experience not including volunteering and unpaid internships;
- hold a bachelor’s degree with an overall grade of excellent, or preferably a master’s degree. The awards are for academically outstanding students and typically this means that you are in the top 10% of your class;
- be a resident citizen of Ethiopia, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda etc and have not previously studied outside Africa;
- be committed to returning home and able to demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact on the future of Ethiopia, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda etc. ;
- have a clear idea of how studying in Manchester will benefit both your career and the wider community.
HOW TO APPLY FOR UNIVERSITY OF MANCHESTER SCHOLARSHIP FOR AFRICANSWe will open for applications for entry in September 2019 on 1 August 2018 and the deadline to apply is 9 September 2018 at 5pm GMT.
To apply you will need:
- Two up to date signed references. References must be on letter headed paper and addressed to ‘Equity and Merit Scholarships at The University of Manchester’. They do not need to be sent confidentially and there is no fixed format.
- Degree certificates and transcripts, showing subjects taken and grades achieved. (Temporary copies or certificates of graduation will suffice for this application)
- Evidence of your English Language ability (if you already have it), you will need one of the following as a minimum: IELTS score of 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in writing) or TOEFL: score of 90 (with no sub-test below 22)
- An English Language certificate is not required at the time of application. If you are shortlisted for the scholarship, you will be asked to take the IELTS or TOEFL test.