Today when we talk about the modernized resources, internet is an important one. Apart from listing out the purpose of watching videos or online streaming, the more sensitive side is tuned to information that can be securely saved and shared, online transactions made etc. Again much advancement is made in the platform of internet, giving fresh elements to exist in a newer dimension.
At the same time if we tune our focus on the younger generation, research data revealed that more than 175,000 Children are reaching the online platform freshly every day. This data really make us curious about the internet risks to that the children can really get exposed to. On the safer internet day one of the top official from Google shared his concern over the safety factor at web world. According to the expert, it is true that life has been made better with the conveniences offered by the Google. But at the same time it is important to realize the negative factors that can really make threats vulnerable. Similar thoughts have been shared by UNICEF too and it is true that all concerns are very much alarming too. At a deeper side, more efforts should be brought to the organizational side to reduce the online risks and thus protecting the children’s life in a better way.
According to UNICEF, it is the responsibility of everyone to protect the children from the internet safety. This can include governments, schools and other government officials. The proposal can hopefully enhance the safety on the internet platform at the same time allowing them to enjoy all the benefits offered by the internet in a wider perspective. Let us see the set of action that can deliver better safety for the children put forward by the organization.
- Firstly the coordination should not be restricted to single source, instead to global, national and regional levels. When we consider about the departments that should take part in these activities, this include policy makers, technology industry and law enforcement agency as well. The best technology available can protect the illegal trafficking and other activities which may lead to child abuse.
- Even if it is with children, never ever break children’s privacy. For this joined participation of both the public and private sector is very much needed. The encryption process must be done at an advanced level, so that every data related to the child is protected and never misused. To ensure the safety, it is important to educate the children that can help them to avoid threats and tips for managing their own privacy.
- The resources for digital literacy must be very much accessible to the children. Try to engage the children effectively in the online platform, collaborating much sensibly with the government officials and technologists. The curricula must be started from the primary section and should be continued till the high school. For that capacity of the public libraries in providing digital skills must be increased, teacher training must also be enhanced in educating the children regarding digital safety. Again in the digital literacy instruction, make sure that digital citizenship is a core component.
- Ensuring the role of the private sector is another important thing. In addition to that measures should be inserted for ensuring data safety and privacy protection. This includes secure data development and also marketing the concepts that mitigate children’s risks.
- Make sure that authorities have clear evidence regarding the child access and other online activities. So this can help in inserting regulatory evidences and policies that ensures the rights, needs of the children. For ensuring better data, make sure that we engage systematically with the policy makers and lawmakers, in collaboration with the children organization.
Even though safeguarding the Digital footprints of the children has become a global concern, regional studies and related measures can be more helpful. So along with strengthening the coordination and knowledge sharing at global level, steps at regional level are mandatory. Remember, it takes a click to direct to an exploiting link and remain as a scar in a child’s future forever. So as more and more children are engaging in the internet world, it is important to protect our child from such alarming digital hazards.
The post Increased Internet Usage of Younger Generation: Mitigating the Risks and Promoting the Responsibility with Digital Safety Measures appeared first on Web School ERP.