I. Choose the correct answer:
1. The Mamaluk rule was founded by———–.
2. The first Turkish ruler to introduce Arabic coinage was ——-
3. The poet known as the parrot of India was————-
4. The founder of the Sayyid dynasty was ————-
5. Babur the ruler of Kabul was invited by————— to invade India
Daulat Khan Lodi.
II. Fill in the blanks:-
1. Quat-ul-Islam mosque at Ajmer was built by Qutb-din-aibak.
2. The first woman ruler of the sultanate period was Raziah.
3. The founder of the Tughlag dynasty was Ghiyas ud din Tughlaq.
4. Bahlol lodi occupied the throne of Delhi in 1457 AD.
5. Sikhandar Shah Lodi enjoyed Shenai music.
III. Match the following:-
1. Qutb in din aibak — lakh bakh.
2. Balban — Devine right theory.
3. Jalal-ud-din — Policy of peace.
4. Prince juna khan — Tughlaq.
5. Timur — Ruler of Samarqand.
IV. Answer the following:-
1. How did Quit-ud-din-aibak save his infant empire?
· In order to save his empire he made many matrimonial alliances and shifted his capital to Lahore.
· He successfully put down his enemies and firmly established his hold over India.
2. How was Balban able to destroy the corps forty?
· Balpan curtailed and destroyed the corps of forty by giving them severe punishment and promoting juniors important juniors to important positions.
· He introduced a well organized spy system.
3. Write a short note on Ala-ud-din khilji army?0
· A permanent standing army was organized by Ala-ud-din.
· He introduced the system of branding of horses and descriptive roll of individual soldiers to prevent corruption.
4. What were the public works introduced by Firoz Tughlaq?
· Firoz gave importance to public works.
· He excavated many irrigations canal, constructed 50 dams, 150 well and 100 bridges.
· He built the towns like Firozabad and Fatebad, Taunpur and Hissar.
· Firoz prohibited all kinds of mutilation and torture.
5. Give a short note of Timurs invasion.
· The ruler of Samarqand, timur was attracted by the fabulous wealth of Hindustan.
· He invaded India during the period of Nasir Mohamed Tughlaq.
· The sultan and his prime minister opposed timur.
· Timur defeated them and occupied Delhi ibn 1398 AD.
· His invasions led to the decline of the Tughlug dynasty.
1. How did Iltumish put down his enemies and strengthen his position?
· Iltumish was surrounded by enemies on all sides.
· He put them down and strengthened his position.
· As yalduz considered himself to be the successor of Mohamed of Ghori Iltumish defeated
him and put him to death.
· He drove out Nasir-ud-din Qubacha, the rule of Uch and Multan from Punjab.
· Bengal was also brought under his control.
· Iltumish put down the result of the khilji maliks of bengal in 1230 AD.
· In Rajputana ,Iltumish recaptured Ranthambore and mandor.
· He defeated udai singh the ruler of jalor and made him a feudatory.
· Thangiri,Ajmir, Sambha, Nagur, Kalinjar and Gwalior were captured by him.
· Iltumish re-established his authority over Badaun, kanauj, Beneras and katchar the doab region between the ganga and the Yamuna.
2.Describe in detail the conquests of Ala-ud-din-khilji in north and south India.
· Ala-ud-din khilji ascended the throne in 1296 AD. He consolidated his hold over North India and invaded south india also.
· Conquests in the north.
· Ala-ud-din khilji sent a strong army uner his Generals Ulugh- khan and Nusrat khan to conquer Gujarat and they succeeded in doing so.
· Ranthambore was captured and its ruler Hamir deva was killed.
· Dhan,Chanderi, Marwar and Jalor were also captured.
Conquest in south:-
· Ala-ud-din khilji was the first sultan invaded south india.
· He sent his most trust worthy General Malik kafur of the south.
· Ramachandra Deva the ruler of Devagiri Pratapurudha II of Warangal and vira Ballala
–III the hoysala ruler were defeated and made vassals of delhi.
· The kingdoms of south accepted the overlordship of Ala-ud-din khilji and agreed to pay tribute to him.
3. Give an account of the domestic policies of Mohamed-bin-Tughlug.
· Mohamed –bin-Tughlaq raised to fill up his empty treasury.
· To avoid heavy taxes the people ran away to the forests.
· As cultivation was neglected severe famines occurred.
· He realized his mistake and sanctioned loans and dug the canals to overcome famine, but it was too late.
· Mangols were often invading the Indian frontiers.
· In order to protect his capital, he transformed his capital from Delhi to Devagiri.
· Due to practical difficulties he ordered them to return back to Delhi.
· Copper currency system was introduced by Sultan.
· The official Machinery was not appointed to mint coins.
· So, the people started minting coins in huge numbers.
· The value of coins fell so low that theSultan withdrew the copper token currency.
· The domestic policies of Mohamed bin-Tughlag were good but his operative measures ended in a failure.
· His character of taking hasty decisions and in operative policies were responsible for the decline of the Delhi Sullanate.
4.Write in detail about the administrative of the Delhi Sultanate.
Administrative under the Delhi sultanate.
· The sultanate of Delhi which extended from 1206 AD to 1526AD was a Theocratic as well as a military state.
· Administration was based on Islamic laws.
· The sultan was the head of the empire.
· There were six ministers to assist him.
· Many officials were also appointed to take care of the
· The empire was divided into several Iqtas.
· Iqtas were divided into smaller units called shiqqss pparganas and the villagers.
· The village was the smallest unit of administration.
· The villager officers carried out the administrations.
· Land revenue was the main source of income.
· Trade revenue was the main source of income.
· Trade tax, house tax, horse tax, mines tax etc. were some of the taxes collected during the sultanate period.
· The sultan was the highest judicial authority.
· Qazi-ul-quzar in every town Military administration.
· The sultan was the commander of the army.
· The four divisions of the army were the royal army, provincial or Governors army, feudal army and war time army.
This post first appeared on Best TNPSC Coaching Centre And Classes In Chennai | IAS, RRB And VAO Coaching Classes And Centre In, please read the originial post: here