There are 5 kinds of Phrases.
- Verb Phrase – A verb with another word/words (moving, eaten, coming, listen) and may also have an auxiliary (was, had, will, might).
eg. was moving, had eaten, will be coming, might listen
- Noun Phrase – It contains a noun or a pronoun, usually a determiner and/or adjective.
eg. Those People are good, I like it, Our family is happy.
- Adjective Phrase – A group of words that describes a noun or a pronoun in a sentence.
eg. That’s a wonderful place, These decorations are stunning.
- Adverb Phrase – It is a group of words that describes a verb in a sentence.
eg. really quickly, very regularly
- Prepositional Phrase – It contains a noun/ pronoun and a preposition.
eg. She is the bride in the white dress, He drove to Mumbai.
The post Learn English Grammar – Kinds of Phrases appeared first on Pro Academy.
This post first appeared on Learn English - English Speaking Course In Rohini Delhi | Pro Academy, please read the originial post: here