Utility Time limit: March 15th 2018.
The Structural Transformation of African Agriculture and Rural Areas (STAARS) fellowship program controlled by way of Cornell College in collaboration with the CGIAR Analysis Program on Insurance policies, Establishments, and Markets (PIM) and different companions publicizes a choice for thought proposals from early-career African researchers in the hunt for to change into STAARS fellows in 2018.
The Staars Fellowship started in 2016 and thus far has supported 14 fellows from various backgrounds.
Potential STAARS fellows are invited to expand proposals within the following thematic spaces:
- Dynamics of agriculture enter use, technological alternate, and productiveness enlargement in Africa south of the Sahara.
- Rural issue marketplace efficiency, exertions exits and productiveness in Africa south of the Sahara.
- Meals safety, diet and well being linkages in Africa south of the Sahara.
- Poverty dynamics and resilience towards shocks in Africa south of the Sahara.
- The decision is open for early-career African researchers, both overdue degree Ph.D. scholars or those that finished their Ph.D. in 2013 or later.
- Researchers will have to be primarily based and dealing in Africa, with precedence given to proposals in relation to the analysis topics indicated above.
- Certified feminine researchers are specifically inspired to use. Whilst a Ph.D. isn’t obligatory, STAARS encourages contemporary Ph.D. graduates who can take pleasure in a mentorship and extra coaching. Fellows are anticipated to finish the proposed mission by way of publishing findings as a running paper and filing to a peer-reviewed magazine by way of December 15, 2018.
The STAARS fellowship software procedure is controlled by way of Cornell College, in collaboration with PIM. Candidates are required to arrange a most 2500 phrase (five web page) thought proposal, which motivates the chosen analysis problems and goals, outlines information resources, proposed method and comprises a powerful plan for finishing the mission by way of December 15, 2018. All proposals will likely be ready in English. All proposals will likely be peer reviewed by way of mavens from PIM and Cornell College.
The cut-off date to post an idea proposal is March 15, 2018. Candidates will have to post their finished proposal by means of electronic mail to [email protected] Permitted candidates will likely be notified in mid-April and are anticipated to start out far off collaboration with their mentor straight away upon acceptance.
- The fellowship will quilt go back and forth and coaching.
- STAARS fellows will likely be paired with mentors at Cornell College with whom they’re going to collectively writer a paper on a subject of mutual passion in relation to structural transformation in Africa south of the Sahara.
- PIM will beef up the newsletter of ensuing analysis findings in top of the range journals and as running papers. As well as, PIM and Cornell will facilitate fellows’ participation in clinical and coverage meetings.
For Extra Knowledge:
Seek advice from the Reputable Webpage of the Staars Fellowship Program 2018
The post STAARS fellowship program 2018 for early-career African researchers (Funded) appeared first on Latest Scholarships Collection For Students.