Software Closing date: February 15th 2018
50.50 is the segment of the unbiased media platform openDemocracy.internet overlaying ladies’s rights, gender and sexuality. We’re in search of two part-time Feminist Investigative journalism fellows to paintings with editors Claire Provost and Lara Whyte on in-depth and investigative stories for the sequence monitoring the backlash in opposition to sexual and reproductive rights.
- Fellows could also be based totally any place on the earth.
- Earlier revel in in journalism, analysis, and multimedia storytelling is welcome. Most significantly, you’re a ingenious, important philosopher and collaborative crew participant.
- We’re in search of younger ladies and trans writers, from any place on the earth, with concepts and exuberance for unique, feminist investigative journalism.
- Candidates between the ages of 20 and 30 years outdated, dwelling in sub-Saharan Africa and Latin The usa, are in particular inspired to use.
- Fellowships will run for 3 months, and will start in March or June 2018.
- Each and every fellow will probably be anticipated to paintings with editors on 2-Three stories, and to arrange for and attend weekly (digital) editorial conferences.
- Fellows will probably be paid according to tale – as much as £330 ($450) according to record.
- They’ll additionally obtain ongoing mentorship and sensible coaching.
- Workshops will probably be organized, the place imaginable, on particular subjects akin to Freedom of Data requests, interview talents, and have writing, relying on initiatives and fellows’ wishes.
- Those don’t seem to be full-time positions, and will run along different duties.
- They are going to go well with freelancers or researchers wishing to pivot in opposition to investigations. You will have to be capable to commit roughly 7-Eight hours to this fellowship each and every week.
- You should be at ease researching and writing in English (with different language talents after all welcome).
- You should have dependable web get right of entry to and be in a position to enroll in digital conferences (for instance by means of Skype).
For Extra Data:
Talk over with the Professional Webpage of the 50.50 feminist Investigative Journalism fellowship 2018