Utility Closing date: 11:59 pm U.S. Pacific Time on Friday, 30 March 2018.
Introduced in 2009, The East Africa Social Science Translation (EASST) Collaborative is a multi-institution analysis community with a undertaking to advertise rigorous analysis of social and financial building techniques in East Africa. EASST builds regional management in analysis analysis via providing aggressive fellowships and grants to junior social scientists at East African analysis establishments. EASST additionally facilitates collaboration between U.S. and East African researchers. Thru those and different actions, EASST seeks to empower the “subsequent era” of social scientists to measure the affects of building interventions, after which translate analysis findings into higher public insurance policies.
All the way through the fellowship length, visiting researchers will:
- Take part in seminars and meetings on analysis in social and financial building;
- Provide their very own paintings all over seminars and workshops;
- Audit classes, together with rigorous doctoral-level seminars in have an effect on analysis;
- Perform an unbiased analysis mission underneath the mentorship of CEGA college (initiatives can use present knowledge for retrospective research or set-up a find out about design for long term knowledge assortment);
- Meet and collaborate with college and scholars in more than one instructional departments;
- Seek advice from and provide CEGA campuses, together with UC San Diego, Stanford College, and/or UC Santa Cruz;
- Design have an effect on analysis curricula that might be taught at an East African establishment;
- Take part in coverage dissemination via contributing to coverage briefs, attending conferences with policymakers and stakeholders, and presenting at occasions; and
- Paintings with the International Financial institution and different companions to spot alternatives for long term analysis.
Eligible applicants for EASST will have to:
- Be a resident of an East African nation (i.e. Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, or Uganda);
- Have a PhD (finished inside the closing eight years) or be enrolled in a graduate program in economics, statistics, epidemiology/public well being, or any other social science self-discipline;
- Cling a team of workers place at a analysis establishment, college or different group in East Africa, ideally person who helps policy-relevant, quantitative social science analysis;
- Have participated in or have familiarity with have an effect on analysis analysis (both randomized or quasi-experimental research);
- Have participated in field-based knowledge assortment and rigorous empirical analysis/research;
- Be laptop literate, fluent in English, and a powerful public speaker;
- Plan to go back to a analysis institute in East Africa for no less than 1 yr after the fellowship; and
- Exhibit a dedication to development the capability of African analysis establishments/universities.
A hit applicants will have to:
- Exhibit robust analytic abilities, with previous coursework in economics or statistics.
- Exhibit an passion in rigorous program analysis, coverage research, and micro-level discipline knowledge assortment.
- Exhibit a dedication to and enjoy with attractive policy-makers and enforcing our bodies and disseminating analysis findings.
- Publish a transparent and leading edge analysis proposal to guage a selected public coverage or program, the use of randomized managed trial or quasi-experimental methodologies.
*We will be able to give desire to fellows taken with infectious sicknesses, agriculture, and virtual monetary inclusion.
Feminine candidates are strongly inspired to use. Choice might be assigned to fellows who’ve already finished a doctoral level (PhD) in a applicable discipline of research.
Moderately evaluation the Utility Tips on this record. A web based device is used to post programs. Please post finished variations of all required paperwork via the submission cut-off date. No knowledge and/or paperwork might be accredited after the final date. All fabrics will have to be submitted the use of the web platform “Submittable” at: https://cega.submittable.com/post/105667/easst-2018-2019-visiting-fellow-application
Notice: If you’re not able to get right of entry to the web device, please electronic mail Chelsea Downs, [email protected], to request an software in phrase structure.
|Monday, 22 January 2018||Unlock of Request for Packages|
|Friday, 30 March 2018||Utility cut-off date|
|Week of April 2 – 13, 2018||Utility evaluation|
|Week of April 16- 20, 2018||Decided on interviews|
|Week of April 23 – 27, 2018||Notification of choices|
|Friday, four Might 2018||Closing date to simply accept|
For Extra Data:
Seek advice from the Respectable Webpage of the EASST Collaborative 2018 Visiting Fellowship
The post East Africa Social Science Translation (EASST) Collaborative 2018 Visiting Fellowship for African researchers (Fully Funded to University of California, USA) appeared first on Latest Scholarships Collection For Students.