Current Affairs 24th April 2018 in English | Daily GK News
हिंदी में पढ़े! || Read in English
1. President Kovind approves Fugitive Economic Offenders Ordinance 2018
- The bill of Fugitive Economic Offenders Ordinance which was proposed by the Ministry of Finance has been approved by the President Ram Nath Kovind.
- The new law makes provision for a ‘Special Court’ under the Prevention of Money-laundering Act, 2002 and declares the person as a Fugitive Economic Offender.
- According to the new law, now the ‘Fugitive Economic Offendor’ against whom the warrant has been issued and if in case has left India to avoid prosecution, now will be forced to return and face trial for scheduled offences.
- The Fugitive Economic Offenders Bill 2018 was introduced in Lok Sabha on 12 March 2018 and got its approval from the Union Cabinet on 21st
2. Rajnath Singh inaugurates 6th Battalion ITBP headquarters
- The Home Minister Rajnath Singh has inaugurated the 6th Battalion of ITBP (Indo-Tibetan Border Police).
- In the event the Home Minister also honored 8 personnel of ITBP for their bravery in India and abroad.
- The newly inaugurated headquarters is in the Jalalpur district of Bihar.
3. Rahul Gandhi to launchs ‘Save the Constitution’ campaign
- Congress president Rahul Gandhi launched nationwide ‘Save the Constitution’ campaign on Monday at Talkatora Stadium in Delhi for Congress party.
- The campaign is aimed at highlighting the alleged attacks on the Constitution and Dalits under the BJP-led regime.
- The campaign will continue till next year’s April 14, the birth anniversary of Dalit icon Bhim Rao Ambedkar.
4. Nitish Kumar Launches 3 Books on Mahatma Gandhi’s Champaran Movement
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has released 3 books based on Mahatma Gandhi’s Champaran movement of 1917.
The books were titled-
- Mister M K Gandhi Ki Champaran Diary’ written by Arvind Mohan
- Champaran Andolan 1917 edited by Ashutosh Partheshwar
- Pir Muhammad Munis: Kalam Ka Satyagrahi’ edited by Srikant.
5. TCS becomes first Indian company to achieve $100 billion m-cap
- TCS aka Tata Consultancy Services emerged as the first Indian listed company to cross the $100-billion mark in m-cap i.e. market capitalization.
- The shares of the company rose by 4% after the announcement of its quarterly results announcement.
- In the global league table TCS is ranked 104.
23rd April Current Affairs
20th April Current Affairs
19th April Current Affairs
18th April Current Affairs
17th April Current Affairs
16th April Current Affairs
14th April Current Affairs
13th April Current Affairs
12th April Current Affairs
March Current Affairs in Hindi || Daily GK News