9th February 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
हिंदी में पढ़े! || Read in English
1. China agrees to Mansarovar Yatra through Nathu La
- Chinese government has finally agreed to allow Indian pilgrims for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra which was closed last year due to the Doklam stand-off.
- The Minister of State for External Affairs V.K. Singh confirmed in the information. Lok Sabha.
- Last year the face-off between the Indian and Chinese militaries in Doklam Plateau in Bhutan had resulted Chinese government to barred the pilgrims however owe it has been declared safe.
2. India ranked 44th of 50 countries in intellectual property index
- According to the latest edition of International IP Index, India ranked 44th of 50 economies.
- It is a jump from 43rd of 45 economies one year ago, according to the sixth edition of the Index.
- This is the first time when India has broken free of the bottom 10% of economies.
- The factors that helped India improve its score are: guidelines to strengthen the patentability environment for technological innovations, improving the protection of trademarks, as well as initiating IP awareness and coordination programs.
3. The US Politician Nancy Pelosi set record with 8 hour speech
- Nancy Pelosi spoke for 8hours in the House of Representatives while opposing the budget deal as the plan does not address the immigration issues.
- Her speech is longest after the House Republican Leader John Boehner in 2009 speaking against the Democrats’s cap.
4. MoU signed for Ayush services augment in Railway Hospitals
- The ministry of Railways and Ayush have decided to scale up the health services offered in the zonal railway hospitals.
- The MoU has been signed concerning the railway staff who are put in the stressful field duties.
- Currently Indian Railways is running 126 Homeopathic Clinics and 40 Ayurvedic Clinics through the staff benefit fund.
5. Virender Sehwag becomes the first Indian to score 50 on frozen layer
- In the event of Ice Cricket 2018 T-20 series Virendra Sehway scored 50runs.
- The player opted to bat and showed up the world his master class bating on the land of St Moritz, Switzerland.
- The former explosive Indian Opener, Sehwag opted to bat and scored 164 runs for 9 wickets in 20 overs for his overall team however the team lost match.
08th Feb Current Affairs
07th Feb Current Affairs
05th Feb Current Affairs
03th Feb Current Affairs
02nd Feb Current Affairs
01st Feb Current Affairs
31st Jan Current Affairs
30th Jan Current Affairs
29th Jan Current Affairs
27th Jan Current Affairs
25th Jan Current Affairs
23rd Jan Current Affairs
November Current Affairs in English || Daily GK News