29th January 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
हिंदी में पढ़े! || Read in English
1. India among top three countries where trust in government remains high
- According to the Global Trust Index released annually in Davos, India continues to be among the top three nations in rating trust for government.
- India is also in the trust zone for how public sees business, media and NGOs. However the media was the lowest at 61, dropping five points since 2017.
- The annual Global Trust Index, released by communications marketing firm Edelman
2. Vijay Gokhale takes charge as foreign secretary of India
- Vijay Keshav Gokhale today took over as the foreign secretary of India today, succeeding S Jaishankar.
- Earlier Gokhale had served as the secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs for economic relations.
- The diplomat Vijay Keshav Gokhale played major role in resolving the Doklam issue with China.
3. Siddheshwar Swami turns down the honor of Padma Shri
- Siddheswar swami is the Karnataka based seer (saint) who received the Padma Shri award on the eve of republic day.
- However Swamiji has written a letter expressing his unwillingness for being honored with the award for being a Sanyasin.
- Jnanayogi Shri Siddheshwar Swamiji is renowned for his preaching style that has hard teachings delivered in a pleasant and enjoying manner.
4. Rare blue moon eclipse to occur on January 31st
- The very rare “super blood blue moon” will be seen after 36years when the lunar eclipse will take place on 31st
- The event is becoming a buzz as it combines three unusual lunar events together: an extra big super moon, a blue moon and a total lunar eclipse.
- This full moon is also the third in a series of “supermoons,” which happen when the moon is closest to Earth in its orbit.
5. Roger Federer wins Australian Open winning his 20th Grand Slam
- The tennis player Roger Federer defeated the Marin Cilic in the Australian Open and won the 6th title of Australian Open.
- He became the third man after Roy Emerson and Novak Djokovic to win six Australian Open titles.
- Roger Federer who is 2nd best player of tennis has clinched his 20th Grand Slam title.
27th Jan Current Affairs
25th Jan Current Affairs
23rd Jan Current Affairs
22nd Jan Current Affairs
21st Jan Current Affairs
20th Jan Current Affairs
19th Jan Current Affairs
18th Jan Current Affairs
17th Jan Current Affairs
16th Jan Current Affairs
14th & 15th Jan Current Affairs
13th Jan Current Affairs
12th Jan Current Affairs
November Current Affairs in English || Daily GK News