While planning higher studies abroad, the USA has emerged as the dream destination to pursue higher education. This is because of multiple reasons. The primary one being the top-class education and outstanding exposure that it provides.
The USA has multicultural beliefs, which makes it easier for international students to adapt to the environment. Even though there are various additional advantages of studying in the USA, it is also considered to be one of the most expensive study abroad destinations. Law has become one of the top courses amongst students. And without a doubt, the USA would be one of the great choices for students who plan to study Law.
In this blog, we will discuss how to Study Law in the USA. However, to study in the USA, you need to submit a list of documents, including SOP, LORs, transcripts, and Visa. Acquiring a USA Student Visa may seem tedious and a complex process.
Why choose the USA for studying Law?
The first question that might strike any student planning to study Law in the USA is why to choose the USA. To start with, let us mention the career opportunities that are available after completing law studies from the USA.
Secondly, the legal system of the USA is equally challenging and transparent which allows students to level up their skills. Undoubtedly, it is one of the noblest professions, and studying the course in the USA would give students an additional chance to build a well-established career for themselves.
If you wish to study Law in the USA, you must also know how the curriculum has been divided.
- First-year includes legal writing, torts, criminal law, contracts, and constitutional law, among other courses.
- Second-year includes Moot Court, Law Review, and other extracurricular activities, which offer a lot of practice. In the second year, students must start looking for internships.
- Third-year includes international Law, antitrust Law, Intellectual Property Law, or immigration law. By the third year, students of Law are expected to choose an area in which they wish to specialize. They can choose amongst the following
- Public Law
- Corporate Law
- Business Law
- Patent Law
- International Law
- Criminal Law
Law school in the USA offers several degrees to students who wish to pursue Law. We have listed the degrees offered by the law school in the USA below –
1) Juris Doctor J.D.- It is a three-year program, and students can also practice Law in the USA.
2) Doctor of Juridical Science J.S.D./ S.J.D.- It is the highest law degree offered in the USA and can be completed in 3- years of full-time study.
3) Legal Certificate- This law course can be completed in three months online.
4) Master of Laws (LLM)- A one-year program offered to students who already have a J.D. or equivalent degree. Moreover, it enables students to specialize in a given area.
5) PhD in Law– It is a three-year program and does not require a J.D. degree.
6) Master’s Degree- It includes degrees such as Master of Studies in Law, Master of Legal Studies (MLS), etc.
Students pursuing Law in the USA have many job opportunities there. Students can work in the following areas :
● General Counsel
● Government Lawyer
● Tax Attorney
● Tax Manager
● Criminal Defense Lawyer
● Attorney General
These are a few essential things you should know if you are planning to pursue Law in the USA. Not sure about the entire process? Well, we are here to help. Get in touch with team Canam and our experts and mentors will provide you with the best guidance. Follow us on Instagram to get daily updates.
The post Study Law in the USA appeared first on Study Abroad Resources - Blogs | Canam Consultants.