The registrations for JEE Main April 2019 session will start tomorrow (February 8, 2019). The registrations might commence from midnight today (Feb 7). The online form will be available on the official portal of NTA and JEE Main 2019 as well (nta.ac.in / jeemain.nic.in). The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the second attempt of JEE Main 2019 from April 6 to April 20 in the online mode.
JEE Main April 2019 Important Dates
JEE Main April 2019 Eligibility Criteria
A score of at least 75% in class 12 board exams or a place among the top 20 percentile of the Boards is required to be eligible for JEE main or advanced.
For candidates of the SC and ST categories, this has been lowered to 65%.
Those who clear the JEE Main and JEE Advanced papers will make candidates eligible for admission to Bachelor of Technology (BTech), Bachelor of Engineering (BE) and Bachelor of Architecture (BArch) courses at Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT), National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) across India.
- For General Category – On or after October 1, 1994
- For SC/ST, PwD category- a relaxation of 5 years
Candidates who have appeared once, nut wish to re-appear, can also fill the online application. Additionally, the candidates who didn’t appear the JEE Main 2019 January session are also eligible to apply. Moreover, if a student appears for the JEE (Main) twice, the best of his/ her two scores will be taken into account.
JEE Main April 2019 Registration: Required Documents
How to fill Jee Main April 2019 Application Form?
JEE Main April 2019 Syllabus
JEE Main 2019 Syllabus – Paper I
- Sets, relations, and functions
- Complex numbers and quadratic equations
- Matrices and determinants
- Mathematical reasoning
- Mathematical induction
- Permutations and combinations
- Sequences and series
- Limit, continuity, and differentiability
- Integral calculus
- Differential equations
- Binomial theorem and its simple applications
- Three-dimensional geometry
- Vector algebra
- Co-ordinate geometry
- Statistics and probability
- Physics and measurement
- Work, energy, and power
- Rotational motion
- Laws of motion
- Properties of solids and liquids
- Electronic devices
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Oscillations and waves
- Communication systems
- Current electricity
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
- Electromagnetic waves
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Experimental Skills
- Some basic concepts in chemistry
- States of matter
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Redox reactions and electrochemistry
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- Purification and characterization of organic compounds
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Principles related to practical chemistry
- Organic compounds containing halogens
- Organic compounds containing oxygen
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen
- Some basic principles of organic chemistry
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals)
- P Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements
- d- and f – block elements
- Co-ordination compounds
- Environmental chemistry
- General principles and processes of isolation of metals
JEE Main Syllabus 2019 – Paper II (Aptitude Test B. Arch/ B.Planning)
JEE Main April Exam Pattern 2019
NTA, the entrance exam conducting body had earlier announced that JEE Main 2019 will be held as a Computer Based Test. For the drawing section of JEE Main Paper 2, the test will be pen and paper-based. However, the exam pattern of JEE Main 2019 has not varied much from the previous one.
JEE Main 2019 comprises of two papers – Paper I (B.E./ B.Tech) and Paper II ( B.Arch/B. Planning). Candidates may opt for any of the two papers, or they may appear for both. Mentioned below is the exam pattern of JEE Main 2019 for candidates reference.
- Will be held as Computer Based test
- The test will be of 3 hours duration
- The question paper of Paper I will include three sections of equal weightage: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics,
- Multiple choice questions (MCQs) will be asked where for every correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded and for every wrong answer, ¼ (one fourth) marks will be deducted.
- Each question will be accompanied by four responses, out of which only one is correct
- The Mathematics and Aptitude section will be conducted as a Computer Based Test while Drawing section will be held as a Pen and Paper based test.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours
- The paper will include three parts: Mathematics – Part I, Aptitude Test – Part II, Drawing Test – Part III
- Objective type questions will be asked along with the drawing aptitude test.
- Part 1 & 2 will have the negative marking where for every correct response 4 marks will be awarded and ¼ (one fourth) marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Expert tips and tricks to crack JEE Advanced
Quantity over quality? The IIT-JEE numbers game
How to Overcome Failure in IIT-JEE, NEET, and Other Entrance Exams
Preparing for JEE Main and JEE Advanced Exams
Original Source of Featured Image: Jagranjosh.com
Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
This post first appeared on Stoodnt Is The Leading Global Platform For Career Guidance, please read the originial post: here