3 January 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of 24JobsExam aims to help every competitive examination applicants to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Meri Dilli, Mera Sujhav’ Campaign, Cyber Safe Women initiative and new railway helpline number for passengers among others.
1. Who Launched ‘Meri Dilli, Mera Sujhav’ Campaign?
a) Manoj Tiwari
b) Smriti Irani
c) Rajnath Singh
d) PM Narendra Modi
2. Who was appointed as the new chancellor of Queen's University Belfast in Ireland?
a) Barack Obama
b) Michelle Obama
c) Hillary Clinton
d) Queen Elizabeth II
3. The US aviation regulator has warned American airlines from operating in the airspace of which nation?
4. Which state government has unveiled the world’s 2nd tallest statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel?
a) Madhya Pradesh
5. Which state has launched a study campaign to turn it into an educational hub at national & international level?
c) Madhya Pradesh
6. Indian Railways has launched which helpline number for passengers?
7. Which state government has launched ‘Cyber Safe Women’ initiative?
8. Which city is hosting the 107th Indian Science Congress (ISC)?
1. (b) Smriti Irani
Union WCD Minister Smriti Irani launched ‘Meri Dilli, Mera Sujhav’ Campaign on January 3, 2020 to gather suggestions from the people of the national capital to formulate BJP’s manifesto for the upcoming Delhi Assembly polls.
2. (c) Hillary Clinton
Former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has been appointed the new chancellor of Queen's University in Belfast, Ireland. Clinton has become the university's first female chancellor. Her term will be for five years. She has been a regular visitor to Northern Ireland since the first visit of Bill Clinton as the President of United States in 1995.
3. (a) Pakistan
The US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has warned the American airlines and their pilots operating in Pakistan’s airspace, stating that there is risk involved due to high extremist or militant activity.
4. (c) Gujarat
Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani unveiled the second tallest statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in the world at Ahmedabad on January 3, 2020. The 50 feet tall bronze statue weighs about 70000 kg. It was unveiled at the Sardardham campus near Vaishnodevi circle in Ahmedabad. India’s tallest statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai is the Statue of Unity at Kevadiya in Narmada district of Gujarat.
5. (a) Gujarat
The education department of Gujarat has launched ‘Study in Gujarat’ campaign to make Gujarat State an educational hub at national and international level.
6. (d) 139
The Indian Railways has launched an integrated helpline number- 139 for quick grievance redressal and enquiries by passengers during their train journeys. The new number will replace all the existing helpline numbers.
7. (b) Maharashtra
The Maharashtra government has launched a ‘cyber safe women’ campaign across the state to educate women and children regarding cybercrimes.
8. (d) Bengaluru
The 107th Indian Science Congress (ISC) will be held from January 3-7, 2020 at the University of Agricultural Sciences in Bengaluru, Karnataka. The 107th Indian Science Congress aims to bridge the gap between farmer and tech-developers.