Wherever you live, your Drinking water could become contaminated, even though it has been treated by a water company or your local municipality. This is the reason why some individuals complain that their tap water tastes or smells funny and refuse to drink it, thereby becoming dehydrated.
Many municipalities across the globe, especially in developing countries, still transport their water via extremely old water pipes that may contain he
avy metals that get into the water through breaks in the pipes. Many municipalities also use either fluoride and/or Chlorine to treat the water; both of these chemicals have been proven to be carcinogenic.
While some of these contaminants will only cause mild irritations or Skin rashes, others could do far more damage. Some toxins found in drinking water are carcinogenic or can cause various other diseases, and should be avoided at the best of times.
Some of the benefits of using a water filter include:
- Better smelling and tasting drinking water, especially tap water;
- Less rashes, skin irritations and other skin problems caused by contaminants in the water;
- Stronger nails because water filters remove the chlorine and various other toxins that weaken them from prolonged exposure;
- A healthy, glowing skin – chlorine in water makes the skin dry and dull-looking, which is why one must always shower after swimming in a chlorinated pool;
- Strong immune systems; filtered water is also better for individuals with impaired immune systems such as those who have cancer or HIV/AIDS;
- Softer and shinier hair;
- Water filters can remove in excess of 2 100 toxins that can be found in water;
- A reduction in the risk of bladder cancer, colon cancer, and rectal cancer due to the removal of chlorine and chlorine by-products; and
- The removal of cryptosporidium and giardia from drinking water, reducing the risk of contracting gastrointestinal disease by more than 33%
Getting a water cooler with a good water filter will not only guarantee the above, but will also provide you with chilled drinking water virtually 24/7. Contact Living-Water for a free quote for a water cooler to suit your needs and budget.
The post Why Using a Water Filter is Important appeared first on Living-Water.