Many countries have felt the ravages of droughts over the past few years, and this has basically forced people to start thinking about what it is like to try to do Everyday Tasks with minimal or no water, therefore Conserving water is on everyone’s mind.
It is imperative that every one of us conserves water whenever we can. Saving water is easy, and once everyone realises that, it will become a habit. Once we all form this habit, it will become commonplace and people will be amazed as to how much water can actually be saved by merely doing a few things differently.
By saving water we will not only ensure that there is sufficient water for all our needs, but that there is also sufficient water for future generations. Conserving water basically just means using less water for everyday tasks, and reusing or recycling water.
Here are some easy methods of water conservation that the whole family can practice:
- Car: Wash your car using recycled water, and do it during the early morning or late afternoon when it is cooler so that less water can evaporate. Park your car on the grass when washing it so that any runoff is not wasted but waters the lawn at the same time.
- Compost so that your garden contains healthier soil which will hold water better and form nutrient-rich plants;
- Defrosting: Many people thaw frozen foods under running water, but a far more eco-friendly method is to thaw them out overnight instead;
- Dishes: Do not rinse your dirty dishes under a running tap; rinse them in a bowl of water then use it to water your house-plants. If using a dishwasher, do not use it unless you have a full load;
- Fix Drips and Leaks: Dripping taps and leaking pipes can waste hundreds if not thousands of litres of water per month;
- Recycling: Use the water from washing dishes to water your garden; either capture it is a bucket or create a system whereby instead of it running down the drain it is piped into the garden;
- Showers: Around 50% of household water is used in the bathroom; taking shorter showers and/or installing a low-flow shower head
- Washing Clothing: Do not put your washing machine on unless you have a full load, as a washing machine can waste a lot of water otherwise;
The above are easy habits to learn and will not only save thousands of litres of water every month but will also save you a small fortune on your water bill.
Get bottled water coolers and mains water coolers from Living-Water.
The post Easy Methods of Conserving Water appeared first on Living-Water.