Guitarist Joe Perry is releasing his first non-holiday solo album for the first time in eight years.
Titled Sweetzerland Manifesto, the record will feature guests Robin Zander (Cheap Trick), Johnny Depp, David Johansen and Terry Reid. Depp plays on a cover of ‘Eve of Destruction’ while Zander sings on ‘Aye, Aye, Aye’. Zak Starkey (Ringo Starr’s son) also makes an appearance on ‘I’ll Do Happiness’.
The majority of tracks have been written entirely or co-written by Perry himself. The album was produced in Studio 1480 in Los Angeles with Bruce Witkin. Perry also roped in Aerosmith producer Jack Douglas to co-produce and even co-write some of the tracks.
“It’s going to be interesting to see what songs people gravitate to,” Perry said in a statement, “because there’s such a wide variety of tunes.”
Joe Perry’s Sweetzerland Manifesto will be released on January 19th 2018. See track listing below.
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Sweetzerland ManifestoPrice: Out of stock
Sweetzerland Manifesto [VINYL]Price: Out of stock
Joe Perry – Sweetzerland Manifesto
1. Rumble in the Jungle
2. I’ll Do Happiness (featuring Terry Reid)
3. Aye, Aye, Aye (featuring Robin Zander)
4. I Wanna Roll (featuring David Johansen)
5. Sick & Tired (featuring Reid)
6. Haberdasher Blues (featuring Johansen)
7. Spanish Sushi (instrumental)
8. Eve of Destruction (featuring Perry)
9. I’m Going Crazy (featuring Johansen)
10. Won’t Let Me Go (featuring Terry Reid)
This post first appeared on The Carouser - The Rock And Roll Drinks MagazineTh, please read the originial post: here