The next release in LCBO VINTAGES on is features wines from France as its main theme, while the mini-theme focuses on after-dinner drinks. It's a big release, with many top wines to add to your cellar. These new wines will be on LCBO VINTAGES shelves across Ontario starting this .
We'll begin with the main theme that lists twelve wines, nine of which are included among my top wine picks. Both Champagnes are of the Rose type, with the Deutz made with 75% Pinot Noir and 25% Chardonnay, while the Veuve Clicquot is a blend of 60% Pinot Noir, 33% Chardonnay and 7% Pinot Meunier. In white wines, there is the Picard Premier Cru Chablis and Servin Grand Cru Chablis, both of which are Chardonnay with little oak influence. From Sancerre, there is a Sauvignon Blanc made from vines that are at least 50 years old. The final white is a dry Riesling from Alsace. Among French reds, the 2006 Madiran is made with Tannat, while the 2001 Burgundy is made with Pinot Noir. Lastly, the Châteauneuf-du-Pape is a blend of 60% Grenache, 20% Syrah and 20% Mourvèdre.
Red wines from the rest of the release include the Fontaine du Clos, which is a blend of Grenache and Syrah. From Spain, the Murrieta is a blend of 83% Tempranillo, 9% Graciano, 5% Mazuelo, and 3% Garnacha, while the Remelluri is a blend of Tempranillo, Garnacha, Graciano, Viura and Malvasia. From Italy, the "baby" Ornellaia is a big wine that consists of 64% Merlot, 17% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Cabernet Franc, and 9% Petit Verdot. Lastly, the Napa Cabernet Sauvignon also contains 9% Petit Verdot, 5% Cabernet Franc, 4% Malbec, and 2% Merlot.
Among my white wine recommendations, the Hugel Gentil is a dry blend made with 50% Sylvaner & Pinot Blanc, 22% Pinot Gris, 15% Gewürztraminer, 7% Riesling, and 6% Muscat. For sweet wine lovers, look for the Riesling from Ontario or British Columbia, or the Gewürztraminer from Alsace.
From the drinks to enjoy after-dinner section, there are two lovely Port wines, as well as the Botrytis-affected Semillon from Australia that always makes an appearance around this time of year.
Enjoy my top wine picks from the release! Cheers!
- GÉRARD BERTRAND SAINT CHINIAN SYRAH/MOURVÈDRE 2014 - AP, Midi, France (#370247) (D) - $16.95
- DEMORGENZON DMZ SYRAH 2014 - WO Stellenbosch, South Africa (#404202) (D) - $16.95
- SANTA CAROLINA SPECIALTIES DRY FARMING CARIGNAN 2013 - Cauquenes Valley, Chile (#213520) (XD) - $17.95
- FONTAINE DU CLOS CONFIDENCES 2014 - AP Côtes du Rhône, France (#498451) (XD) - $17.95
- FOWLES STONE DWELLERS SHIRAZ 2015 - Strathbogie Ranges, Victoria, Australia (#265967) (XD) - $19.95
- CASAS DEL BOSQUE GRAN RESERVA PINOT NOIR 2014 - Casablanca Valley, Chile (#525022) (D) - $24.95 reviewed here
- MARQUÉS DE MURRIETA FINCA YGAY RESERVA 2013 - DOCa Rioja, Spain (#209148) (XD) - $30.95
- CHÂTEAU BOUSCASSÉ VIEILLES VIGNES MADIRAN 2006 - AP, Southwest, France (#132415) (D) - $38.95
- TRAPICHE TERROIR SERIES FINCA AMBROSÍA SINGLE VINEYARD MALBEC 2012 - Uco Valley, Mendoza, Argentina (#402941) (XD) - $39.95 reviewed here
- REMELLURI RESERVA 2011 - DOCa Rioja, Spain (#480160) (XD) - $39.95
- PIETRANERA BRUNELLO DI MONTALCINO 2012 - DOCG, Tuscany, Italy (#189761) (XD) - $44.95
- DOMAINE DE LA CHARBONNIÈRE CHÂTEAUNEUF-DU-PAPE 2013 - AP, Rhône, France (#062711) (D) - $44.95
- BORGOGNO BAROLO 2012 - DOCG, Piedmont, Italy (#283499) (XD) - $45.95
- LE SERRE NUOVE DELL’ORNELLAIA 2015 - DOC Bolgheri Rosso, Tuscany, Italy (#606194) (D) - $64.95 reviewed here
- CONCHA Y TORO DON MELCHOR CABERNET SAUVIGNON 2013 - Puente Alto, Chile (#403980) (D) - $89.95
- MAISON ROCHE DE BELLENE COLLECTION BELLENUM PETITE CHAPELLE GEVREY CHAMBERTIN 1ER CRU 2001 - AC, Burgundy, France (#514257) (XD) - $106.95
- CLIFF LEDE CABERNET SAUVIGNON 2014 - Stags Leap District, Napa Valley, California, USA (#014217) (XD) - $122.95 reviewed here
- HUGEL GENTIL 2015 - AC Alsace, France (#367284) (XD) - $17.95
- CAVE SPRING ESTATE CHARDONNAY 2015 - Cave Spring Vineyard, VQA Beamsville Bench, Niagara Escarpment, Ontario, Canada (#256552) (XD) - $18.95
- DIRTY LAUNDRY RIESLING 2014 - BC VQA Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada (#514976) (M) - $19.95
- TIEFENBRUNNER PINOT GRIGIO 2016 - IGT Vignetti delle Dolomiti, Alto Adige/Trentino, Italy (#474742) (XD) - $19.95
- DOMANE WACHAU TERRASSEN FEDERSPIEL GRÜNER VELTLINER 2015 - DAC Wachau, Austria (#031534) (XD) - $19.95
- FLAT ROCK NADJA’S VINEYARD RIESLING 2016 - VQA Twenty Mile Bench, Niagara Escarpment, Ontario, Canada (#578625) (M) - $24.95
- LA CHABLISIENNE GRANDE CUVÉE CHABLIS 1ER CRU 2015 - AC, Burgundy, France (#685222) (D) - $31.95
- CAVE DE TURCKHEIM BRAND GRAND CRU RIESLING 2013 - AC Alsace Grand Cru, France (#021303) (XD) - $37.95
- JEAN-MAX ROGER VIEILLES VIGNES SANCERRE 2015 - AC, Loire, France (#527218) (XD) - $39.95
- PICARD LE CHARMOIS SAINT AUBIN 1ER CRU 2014 - AC, Burgundy, France (#522078) (XD) - $57.95
- WEINBACH CUVÉE LAURENCE GEWURZTRAMINER 2015 - AC Alsace, France (#581975) (M) - $62.95 FSE
- DOMAINE SERVIN BOUGROS GRAND CRU CHABLIS 2013 - AC, Burgundy, France (#145623) (XD) - $69.95
- SEGURA VIUDAS HEREDAD RESERVA BRUT CAVA - Traditional method, DO, Spain (#558825) (D) - $32.95
- DEUTZ BRUT ROSÉ CHAMPAGNE - AC, France (#092833) (D) - $80.95
- VEUVE CLICQUOT PONSARDIN VINTAGE BRUT ROSÉ CHAMPAGNE 2008 - With gift box, AC, France (#588475) (XD) - $109.95
- ROSEWOOD MEAD ROYALE HONEY WINE 2015 - Barrel aged, Canada (#437319) (MS) (500 mL) - $16.95 reviewed here
- DE BORTOLI NOBLE ONE BOTRYTIS SEMILLON 2014 - Riverina, New South Wales, Australia (#917252) (S) (375 mL) - $29.95
- BURMESTER 10-YEAR-OLD TAWNY PORT - DOP, Portugal (#223958) (S) - $28.95
- FONSECA VINTAGE PORT 2009 - DOP, Portugal (#256875) (S) - $58.95
This post first appeared on LCBO VINTAGES Wine Picks | LCBO Wine Reviews | LCBO Wine Picks, please read the originial post: here