We made the decision to put in a new Autopilot. This is a new and improved version of what we had. It has several upgrades. That is nice. It also allows the multiple function display to do all its displays. Without a functioning autopilot, there is no compass input to allow tracking of targets, showing of one own track in a heads up display and a north up display, among other things.
Therefore we ordered a new one. They started installing it on Thursday and we did the Sea Trial today. We still have some more work to do , but it will have to wait till Wednesday due to our tech going in for medical tests. He is a cancer survivor.
When we first Installed the old system it was purchased one item at a time over a few years. To save money we hard wired all the items. Since then there is a plug and play system called a backbone that is installed that makes installation go much easier and faster. Now we will have to take each wire and follow them through the boat and find what color wire actually attaches to each item. Not hard, just time consuming. Hopefully this will be completed on Wednesday.
We have also started removing parts of the interior woodwork that has got wood stains through the years. I have started removing the bad wood. Have purchased the new wood. Some is ready to be cut and installed.
Finally will be the reinstallation of the water maker pump. That should be a warranty job. I hope so. The pot has run dry.
We did go sailing Saturday. For a little while before the wind died. It was wonderful while it lasted. Today’s sea trial was just driving around insuring the compass is pointing the right way and the autopilot follows a given course. That worked. Now we must get the MFD and the autopilot talking to each other.
Now all we need is buyers.