The Bureau of Customs reported a revenue Collection of P33.951 billion for September, a significant improvement under the Duterte administration.
In August, BoC Collected P33.002 billion of revenue, that’s almost a billion of pesos increase.
During the Pnoy administration, BoC collected P32.651 billion for September of 2015, a significant 2 billion boost.
The largest port of the country, the Manila International Container Terminal (MICP) reported a P10.583 billion collection.
Six collection sources out of 17 have exceeded their collection goals for September:
– Port of Clark: P225.2 million collected, P118 million target (190.9%)
– Port of Iloilo: P211.8 million collected, P182.6 million target (125.3%)
– Port of Zamboanga: P19.5 million collected, P16.3 million target (120.1%)
– Port of Cebu: P1.759 billion collected, P1.507 billion target (116.7%)
– Port of Davao: P1.052 billion collected, P987.5 million target (106.5%)
– Port of Batangas: P8.529 billion collected, P8.069 billion target (105.7%)
Indeed, proper elimination of corruption and appointment of honest agency executives is a factor in this revenue collection improvement.
Source: Bureau of Customs