Driving Licence is the most important document for all those who own a vehicle. So, whether you have a 2-wheeler, 4-wheeler or a heavy vehicle, make sure you have a valid Driving License. In our previous articles we have already discussed about the list of documents required for Driving License in Delhi.
How to Apply for Driving License in Delhi ?
Today, we will tell you how to apply for Driving License in Delhi. So, let’s get started !
Documents Required to Apply for Driving License in Delhi
The list of documents for required Driving License along with the learner application form are as follows :
- Complete Filled Form 1, Form 2 & Form 3.
- 3 recent passport size photograph of the Applicant.
- Proof of residence of the Applicant.
- Proof of Age / Date of Birth of the Applicant.
- Proof of citizenship of the Applicant.
- Prescribed Fee as per Rule 32.
Important Note :- Photo copies of all the necessary documents(Proof of Residence, Proof of Age/DOB , Proof of Citizenship) are to be attested by Gazetted Officer or Notary Public. These documents are to be submitted to your local transport Zonal office.
Timings to Apply for Driving License in Delhi
For Public – 8:30 A.M to 1:00 P.M
General Office Timings – 8:30 A.M to 4:30 P.M
Eligibility to Apply for Driving License in Delhi
- Age eligibility for getting driving license in Delhi is 18 years.
- For vehicles upto 50CC engine capacity & without gear — 16 years(Provided parents/guardian consent obtained.)
- For all Commercial vehicles — Age: 20 years & minimum qualification of 8th pass.
- Conversant with Delhi Traffic rules & regulations.
- Documents for proof of residence.
Prescribed Fee to Apply for Driving License in Delhi
Rs.30/- For one Category.
Rs.60/- For one Categories.
Rs.90/- For two Categories.
Tests / Examinations to Apply for Driving License in Delhi
- Upon Successful validation of the documents provided by the applicant, the applicant will go through learner test for driving license.
- First of all Blindness inspection test of the applicant will be taken.
- Learner Test consists of 1 multiple choice objective questions which are to be answered within a time frame of 10 minutes.
- Only the applicants who pass the test are given the learning license.
- You can go through the question Bank provided on the website of the department to get yourself prepared for the learner test. This Question bank has questions on Road signs, Traffic rules & regulations for the learners licence.
How much time does it take to Issue Driving License in Delhi ?
- Leaning License is issued on the same day after about 2-3 hours of completion of the learner license test.
- If the Applicant does not pass the test, he is give one more chance to prepare and come after 1 week duration.
Hope the process to apply for Driving License in Delhi is clear to you. If you have any doubts or queries, you can leave your comments below.
You may also like to Read :
- How to get Marriage Certificate in Delhi ?
- How to get Voter ID in Delhi ?
- How to Register FIR Online in Delhi ?
- Himmat App for Women Safety in Delhi
The post How to Apply for Driving License in Delhi ? appeared first on Amazing India Blog.