Winter Package Features Jurassic World: The Exhibition, Free Hotel Parking & More
|Photo by M. Fischetti for VISIT PHILADELPHIA®|
Free admission for two to The Franklin Institute's newest exhibit, Jurassic World: The Exhibition (above) is just one of the many perks in the Visit Philly Overnight Hotel Package Winter Getaway.
PHILADELPHIA, December 14, 2016 - VISIT PHILADELPHIA® recently debuted the most perks-packed version of its popular hotel package to date. Redeemable through March 19, 2017, the Visit Philly Overnight Hotel Package Winter Getaway is bookable online at visitphilly.com/overnight and starts at $99 per night. The package, offered at 38 Philadelphia hotels, is valued at up to $228 and includes:
- Free hotel parking
- Two untimed tickets to Jurassic World: The Exhibition, making its North American debut at The Franklin Institute
- Admission and ice skate rentals for two at Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest
- One $20 gift card for use at any of chef Jose Garces' restaurants in Philadelphia
- A code from Uber good for one free ride valued up to $10 for new and existing customers
"Winter's more fun when you sleep over in Philadelphia," said Meryl Levitz, president and CEO, VISIT PHILADELPHIA. "And now, thanks to this season's super value-added hotel package, visitors can experience all of the city's winter wonders for themselves." Some of those current wonders: City Hall's mega-successful holiday happenings: the Christmas Village, Dilworth Park Wintergarden and more.
Bookable seven days a week, the getaway is good for one- and two-night stays this winter only.
About The Package Perks:
- Free Parking: Thirty-eight participating hotels offer free parking for one car for up to two nights; that's as much as $100 in value at Center City hotels.
- Jurassic World: The Exhibition: The Franklin Institute offers up another blockbuster North American premiere; this one shows off the wild wonders of Isla Nublar in a massive exhibition based on one of Hollywood's biggest-ever science-fiction films. This behind-the-scenes glimpse into the magic of moviemaking and dinosaur animation stars whopping versions of animatronic dinosaurs: Brachiosaurus, T. Rex, Stegosaurus, and more beasts. Those who book this season's deal can exchange two admission vouchers onsite for timed tickets, which include entry to the full museum. 222 N. 20th Street, (215) 448-1200, fi.edu
- Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest: This waterfront wonderland village features an open-air Olympic-size ice skating rink, cozy lodge with fireplaces, festive landscaping, twinkling lights, fire pits, arcade games and a variety of food and beverages. The winter package includes tickets for two rink admissions and two skate rentals. 101 S. Columbus Boulevard, (215) 925-7465, delawareriverwaterfront.com
- Garces Restaurants: Award-winning chef Jose Garces rose to prominence in the food world after he opened Amada in Old City in 2005. To date, hes opened 10 hit restaurants in Philadelphia: Amada, Olde Bar, Tinto, Distrito, Village Whiskey, Volvér, Garces Trading Company, JG Domestic, Buena Onda and the brand-new 24. The $20 gift card included with this winter's deal is useable at any one of them. garcesgroup.com
- Uber: Visitors can use the Uber app anytime, anywhere to get around Philly. The promo codegood for one free ride valued up to $10; is valid for new and existing Uber customers. uber.com
More Reasons To Book The Package:
Long weekends and special events and exhibits in Philadelphia this winter give visitors even more reasons to book:
- Long Weekends: Martin Luther King Jr. weekend (January 13-16, 2017) and Presidents Day weekend (February 17-20, 2017) give visitors three full days to explore. Those celebrating the life of King and the U.S. presidents can enjoy visits to historic sites and museums, such as the Liberty Bell Center, Independence Hall, President's House, The African American Museum in Philadelphia and National Constitution Center, among others.
- Special Events: Thousands of decorative strutters will kick off the New Year by marching along Broad Street for the Mummers Parade (January 1, 2017). The Philadelphia Auto Show (January 28-February 5, 2017) showcases the automotive industry's latest creations with more than 700 concept, classic, luxury and exotic cars on display at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Also at the Convention Center, the Philadelphia Flower Show (March 11-19, 2017) features top-of-the-line horticulture and landscape design, entertainment and more than 100 vendors, and, for 2017, a Holland theme. Plus, the Philly Craft Beer Festival (March 4, 2017) brings national and international breweries and food trucks to the Philadelphia Navy Yard.
- Special Exhibits: January 8 is the last chance to see the exclusive Paint The Revolution: Mexican Modernism, 1910-1950 at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Also worth a visit: Live And Life Will Give You Pictures: Masterworks Of French Photography, 1890-1950, through January 9 at the Barnes Foundation; Bill Graham And The Rock and Roll Revolution, through January 16 at the National Museum of American Jewish History; and Thomas Eakins: Photographer, through January 29 at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts.
Hotel Package History:
Launched in 2001 in response to the events of 9/11, the Visit Philly Overnight Hotel Package includes free hotel parking and special perks all year long.
So far this year, visitors have used the evergreen package to book more than 11,000 room nights; that's a 29% increase over the number of room nights booked through the package during the same period last year. (Source: CBRE Hotels)
For a full list of participating hotels and to book the Visit Philly Overnight Hotel Package Winter Getaway, visitors can go to visitphilly.com/overnight.
VISIT PHILADELPHIA® is our name and our mission. As the region's official tourism marketing agency, we build Greater Philadelphia's image, drive visitation and boost the economy.
On Greater Philadelphia's official visitor website and blog, visitphilly.com and uwishunu.com, visitors can explore things to do, upcoming events, themed itineraries and hotel packages. Compelling photography and videos, interactive maps and detailed visitor information make the sites effective trip-planning tools. Along with Visit Philly social media channels, the online platforms communicate directly with consumers. Travelers can also call and stop into the Independence Visitor Center for additional information and tickets.