• From the property owners’ and their agents’ points of view, they live and work in a highly competitive environment which mean they tend to be possessively seeking ways to maximize the number of people who choose to book into their properties. As in any walk of life, there are some unscrupulous operators whom the tourist should keep a sharp lookout for. Their behaviour is characterised by insincerity and not being genuinely concerned about the welfare of their guests. On the other hand, there are many operators who are a good example to others in the industry and make every effort within their power to ensure that their guests have a great holiday.
• There are many types and standards of self catering accommodation in Mauritius (Maurice): self catering budget accommodation, self catering average or mid-price accommodation or self catering luxury accommodation. Studios, 1 bedroom apartments, 2 bedroom Apartments, 3 bedroom Villas, 4 or more bedroom Villas self catering luxury accommodation.
• As air conditioned holiday rentals (electrical a/c units in bedrooms with a combination of electric fans in other rooms is most common,) with or without swimming pools, they are located either right opposite the beach, or actually built right on the beach topside in some cases, or most commonly within a short walk.
• Anitas Affordable Apartments offers a wide range of self catering vacation rental holiday accommodation in Mauritius to choose from for your holiday of a lifetime! Many of our clients have also stated that we excel with customer service: • http://anitasaffordableapartments.blogspot.com Book your accommodation with owners in Mauritius. Choose from a selection of self catering holiday villas and apartments, vacation rental accommodation, living with local families, bed and breakfast and hotels.
• Airlines that fly to Mauritius: Direct from United Kingdom: Air Mauritius, British Airways, Direct from France: Air France, Other airlines flying to Mauritius: Emirates, South African Airways, Condor, Air India, Malaysia Airlines, Air Austral, Meridiana, Corsair, Kenya Airways, Air Madagascar, EgyptAir,
• Historical: self catering accommodation in Mauritius (Maurice,) initially developed in response to the needs of the Independent Traveller. The holiday properties also spread as a counter - measure to the Mauritian Government’s questionable decision to only market Mauritius as a 5 star hotel destination - which was all very well for the hotel owners; often living and based overseas; who brought inward investment into the island’s local economy. Whether or not that money stays in Mauritius (Maurice,) is another question that needs to be answered – to at the very least, avoid justifiable accusations of corruption at work at different levels of Mauritius society, within for example, the illicit, criminal economy to protect vested interests at the expense of the common good of the local permanent population.
• Economic: the tradition of Indian indentured workers similarly continues today under the guise of a thriving tourism economy, as local people, primarily due to a lack of diversified economic opportunity in Mauritius (Maurice,) themselves become indentured workers for low wages and long hours.
The relations between people had changed to relations between things.
The continuing struggle between labour and capital is well-shown by the case study of self catering accommodation in Mauritius (Maurice.) Many local people are being kept in relative poverty as they continue to toil under the invisible whips of capitalist owners who unscrupulously strive to maximize their profits and minimize their expenses. Local people are exploited as they are forced to work in low paid jobs, not only in the self catering accommodation sector but also, for example, in the factory and out-sourced textile industry in Mauritius (Maurice). The long hours they spend cleaning or making soft toys and the wholesale prices they earn, bears no resemblance whatsoever to the retail prices paid for those commodities in overseas markets and reflect very badly indeed on the profits being made by the owners of the means of production. This exploitation of local people should be stopped by all those concerned. This is not to say that ‘benevolent’ owners of properties, factories and sugar cane plantations do not exist, rather it is to say that they have a duty and responsibility to see to it that their employees are paid a proper and decent living wage without any threats of unemployment being thrown their way. On the other hand, employees have a duty and responsibility to make sure that they provide the unpalatable term ‘value-for-money’ as they struggle to survive.
• Psychological: the relationship between the local people’s economic circumstances and their social relationships is well shown by the number of problems some Mauritians experience within their own families - that Mauritian police are called out to deal with, more or less on a daily basis. The socio-economic pressures that many local people are forced to work under on the island have not only led to Mauritians migrating overseas, but have also created potentially hugely destructive forces within individual families leading to alcoholism amongst men, women seeking alternative ways of supplementing low family incomes and in some cases family breakdown.
• Too many children are not being enabled to continue their education to open up the doors of opportunity for themselves, but instead are expected to go straight into the world of work to supplement family incomes.
• The role of women and mothers in Mauritian society is worthy of further research into inequities, to reveal what is really going – on, within what is still, a very largely male-dominated society and what can be done about it.
• Sociological: the general role of religion and for example, the different Hindu, Muslim, Christian, European and Creole sub-cultures in Mauritius as well as the Government of Mauritius have their own valuable parts to play in education and in the maintenance and growth of stable and changing values and belief systems amongst the whole population.
• Geographical: self catering accommodation is now available more or less throughout the whole of Mauritius. However, the concentration of the big hotels in certain areas such as Belle Mare tend to minimize the opportunity for the responsible growth of self catering accommodations in those particular areas of Mauritius (Maurice.) It remains to be seen, apart from increasing competition,for example how the building of new self contained Chinese and Indian urban areas on the island will impact on the self catering accommodation scene in Mauritius (Maurice.)
• Technological: developments such as the spread of high speed internet access across the whole of the population offer the opportunity for the expansion of self catering accommodation in Mauritius (Maurice), as those local people with accommodation for rent to tourists, become enabled to reach out to the wider world and escape the tentacles of poverty that threaten to overwhelm their lives and those of their children.
Books and E-Books Borrow or Buy
- Adventure Vacations Canada
- Historical Fiction
- Personal Journals
- Photographs Nain Tourism Nunatsiavut, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
- Vacations Canada
- Self-catering Accommodation Mauritius
- Voluntary Service Overseas
Photographs of Rome Italy consists of 100 coloured photographs taken from 10-17th October 2004 which emphasise the ancient history of the city. Llewelyn Pritchard M.A. ISBN/EAN13:1481018698 / 10:9781481018692
https://www.amazon.com/Vatican-Italy-Photo-Albums-ebook/dp/B00BE4N904/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1365845588&sr=1-1&keywords=Pope+John+Paul+II+Vatican+City%2C+Rome%2C+Italy+english+llewelyn+pritchard+ma Pope John Paul II Colour photographs of John Paul II within Vatican City including his Apostolic Blessing; Swiss Guards; St. Peter’s Square; Papal Basilica of Saint Peter in the Vatican. Also includes St. Peter’s Square as a place of holy pilgrimage; works of art, sculptures, architecture; views of Rome from the Dome of St. Peter’s Church and Face of Jesus Rome, Italy 10-17 October 2004. Llewelyn Pritchard M.A. ISBN/EAN13: 1481011987 / 9781481011983
https://www.amazon.com/Biarritz-France-Holiday-short-break-Illustrated/dp/1468031937/ref=la_B0061KYLG2_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1341997462&sr=1-4 Biarritz France Holiday. A Rambler’s tour of the famous French resort of Biarritz situated on the Atlantic coastline of Europe. The tour explores the many reasons behind the growth of Biarritz including the area’s historical links with Newfoundland, Labrador, Canada and includes diary notes, colour photographs plus Canadian-based research about its Basque - Newfoundland, Labrador, whaling and cod-fishing heritage. Llewelyn Pritchard M.A. ISBN-13: 978-1468031935
https://www.amazon.com/Bristol-Aerial-Photographs-Tourist-Attractions/dp/1493540793 Bristol UK Aerial Photographs and Tourist Attractions (Front Cover view of the Floating Harbour, Bristol City Centre looking in a south-easterly direction.) Llewelyn Pritchard MA ISBN-13: 978-1493540792 ISBN-10: 1493540793
https://www.amazon.com/Fatima-Portugal-Holiday-Experience-Illustrated/dp/1468032658/ref=la_B0061KYLG2_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341998098&sr=1-1 Fatima Portugal Holiday: A Quite Amazing Experience. Unwind, Relax and Refresh Yourself. Discover ‘The Message of Fatima’ for yourself, in your own way and how its acceptance may change your way of life at this place of holy pilgrimage in northern Portugal. Llewelyn Pritchard MA. ISBN-13: 978-1468032659 ISBN-10: 1468032658
https://www.amazon.com/Geneva-Switzerland-Holiday-Illustrated-Pritchard/dp/1468039261/ref=la_B0061KYLG2_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1341998389&sr=1-7 Geneva Switzerland Holiday. A collection of colour photographs, including Le Jet d’Eau, Sculptures in Parks, Botanical - Sensory Gardens and those taken from a boat trip on Lake Geneva whilst on a budget short-break holiday. Llewelyn Pritchard MA. ISBN-13: 978-1468039269
https://www.amazon.com/Holiday-Illustrated-Diaries-Llewelyn-Pritchard-ebook/dp/B005ZTLZFA/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1411552583&sr=1-1&keywords=Venice+Italy+Holiday+english+edition+llewelyn+pritchard+ma Venice Italy Holiday depicting churches, canals, automated canal cleaner, man in a mirror, delivering groceries, cafe seats on water, Doges Palace, St. Mark's Square, Contemporary Art, masks, sculptures, Designer shop fronts: Sisley, Versace, GF, Ferre, Guggi, Pucci; bridges, Flood intervention prevention scheme. Llewelyn Pritchard M.A. ISBN-13: 978-1468039733 ISBN-10: 1468039733
https://www.amazon.com/Labrador-Wilderness-Newfoundland-Canada-Civilization/dp/1468023888/ref=la_B0061KYLG2_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1342014931&sr=1-2 Labrador Wilderness, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada: Refresh your body, mind and soul. Llewelyn Pritchard MA. ISBN-13: 978-1468026283 ISBN-10: 1468026283
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Port-Hope-Simpson-Historic-Logging/dp/149230283X/ref=tmm_pap_title_0 Port Hope Simpson Historic Logging Town is located on the south side of the Alexis, an excellent salmon river in southern Labrador, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. It was initially founded in 1934 as a logging camp and was named after the English Commissioner of Natural Resources and Acting-Commissioner of Justice, Sir John Hope Simpson. This community has great natural assets nearby. A full range of quality visitor services are ready to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Llewelyn Pritchard MA ISBN-10: 1468014722 ISBN-13: 9781468014723
https://www.amazon.com/Right-The-Top-Wrigglesworth-Mysteries/dp/1468009214/ref=la_B0061KYLG2_1_28?ie=UTF8&qid=1342008965&sr=1-28 Right To The Top is the second of two novels of historical fiction based on unique first-hand experience in Port Hope Simpson, Labrador, Newfoundland, Canada that tells the continuing story of Richard Ap Meurig’s action adventures. Llewelyn Pritchard M.A. ISBN-13: 978-1468009217 ISBN-10: 1468009214
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/246028 Legacy: Port Hope Simpson Town, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
https://www.amazon.com/Legacy-Simpson-Newfoundland-Labrador-Mysteries/dp/1468162853/ref=la_B0061KYLG2_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1342006307&sr=1-11 Legacy: Port Hope Simpson Town, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. Legacy is based on previously classified British Government documents seen here for the first time. It highlights the inescapable fact that 2 unexplained deaths still tarnish the great history of sustainable development achieved by the people of Port Hope Simpson Town in South East Labrador, Canada. Llewelyn Pritchard M.A. ISBN-13: 978-1468162851 ISBN-10: 1468162853
https://www.amazon.com/Simpson-Clues-Newfoundland-Labrador-Canada/dp/1468019333/ref=la_B0061KYLG2_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1342007035&sr=1-22 Port Hope Simpson Clues, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. If you like solving puzzles and getting to grips with a real mystery why not join Llewelyn as he penetrates into the fascinating, murky and sordid past history of Port Hope Simpson, a coastal logging town on the east coast of wilderness Canada as he uncovers a great deal more than he bargained for? Llewelyn Pritchard M.A. ISBN-13: 978-1468019339 ISBN-10: 1468019333
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Port-Hope-Simpson-Historic-Logging/dp/149230283X Port Hope Simpson Historic Logging Town in Canada is located on the south side of the Alexis, an excellent salmon river in southern Labrador. It was initially founded in 1934 as a logging camp and was named after the English Commissioner of Natural Resources and Acting-Commissioner of Justice, Sir John Hope Simpson. This community has great natural assets nearby. A full range of quality visitor services are ready to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Llewelyn Pritchard MA ISBN-13: 978-1492700166 ISBN-10: 1492700169
https://www.amazon.com/Simpson-Mysteries-Newfoundland-Labrador-Canada/dp/1468019651/ref=la_B0061KYLG2_1_25?ie=UTF8&qid=1342005546&sr=1-25 Port Hope Simpson Mysteries, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada: Oral History Evidence and Interpretation. Read about the original Oral History interview with Mrs. Kathleen Squire (formerly James) known as “Bunty” or “Bunty James” who was the lifelong friend of Katie Doreen Illsley (Williams), daughter of J. O. Williams, owner of The Labrador Development Company Ltd which conducted logging operations in Port Hope Simpson 1934 – 1945. Llewelyn Pritchard M.A. ISBN-13: 978-1468019650 ISBN-10: 1468019651
https://www.amazon.com/Port-Hope-Simpson-Beaten-Mysteries-ebook/dp/B0063R9T0G/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1411553444&sr=1-3&keywords=port+hope+simpson+off+the+beaten+path+english+edition+llewelyn+pritchard+ma Port Hope Simpson Off the Beaten Path - follow the Labrador Coastal Drive, Route 510 in Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada and discover the Town’s “Pit Props, Politics & Prosperity,” heroic struggle of sustainable development towards a better future 1934-2002. Llewelyn Pritchard M.A. ISBN-13:978-1468014723 ISBN-10: 1468014722
This post first appeared on Self Catering Accommodation Mauritius Grenadier Vi, please read the originial post: here