1. Exchange $100 bills for best rate. You don't want 1000 baht bills. Spend 20's and 100's
2. The country runs on 220V, not US (110V)
3. Most people don't speak English. Many signs and business names are in English.
4. They drive on the other side of the road.
5. Carry your own toilet paper. Don't expect the toilets to have any. If the toilet is a hole in the ground then you are about to have an adventure.
6. To call the us, first dial 00400-1-
7. Always carry something to drink. It is very hot and humid.
8. Tuk tuks are fun but cost twice as a taxi