Southern Leyte is often overlooked when one goes to Leyte but it boasts of Attractions which can rival the Attractions of well known provinces. One of those Attractions which Southern Leyte can boast of is Canigao Island which is located in Matalom.
How to Get to Canigao
1. From Tacloban's Daniel Romualdez Airport board a Jeepney or Taxi to Downtown. At downtown Tacloban go to Van Van's or go to Tacloban Terminal.
2. Board the Van going to Maasin City (Via BayBay).
3. Tell the Van Driver to drop you off at Matalom Plaza, Fare is P200.
4. At the Plaza the port going to Canigao is just nearby, it is just beside the Plaza. Just ask the Locals where it is.
5. At the port pay for the entrance Fee to Canigao P40 and P65 for the boat. There is a Minimum of 25 passengers needed for the Boat to proceed to the Island. If it is a weekday, the 25 Minimum might not be met but you have the option to wait for more passengers or pay for the entire boat (25 passengers x 65).
6. You can rent a room (very basic) for 1500 overnight, Tent for 200 or cottage for 500.