(Editor’s Note: As Christmas Eve is in just 10 days, I am taking the liberty of re-running a favorite Disney/Christmas post from years past: since I have yet to receive any of these gifts, maybe this year it will finally happen. I mean, a girl can hope, right? )
“On the First Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, a partridge in a pear tree…..”
And so goes the song, sharing what her (his?) True Love gave as gifts over the 12 Days of Christmas. While this traditional version finds the songwriter to be the lucky recipient of some pretty odd tokens of affection, (12 drummers drumming…..really? Sounds pretty noisy, and like something I would probably be returning.), it does make modern gift-givers in search of that perfect present wonder: What 12 items could I give my True Love?
Well if my wonderful hubby is reading, honey here is what you could get this particular Disney-lover for the 12 Days of Christmas. (And please note, unlike the original version, there is no need to repeat items over subsequent days – one of each is sufficient, thank you very much.)
- On the first day of Christmas, my True Love could give me: One Disney cruise. Location, duration, time of year are unimportant. Just whisk me away to someplace where people will wait on me hand and foot, where the food will be delicious and endless, and where someone puts chocolates on my pillow every night. Oh, and where the ship’s horn plays “When you wish upon a star”….
- On the second day of Christmas, my True Love could give me: Two Dinners at Victoria and Alberts. This would, admittedly be a gift that would benefit my True Love as well as me. But having never experienced dining at Victoria and Albert’s, this is something that I know would be a pretty amazing Christmas gift for both of us.
- On the third day of Christmas, my True Love could give me: Three hours on an Illuminations cruise. Another thing that I have never done! I love Illuminations more than any Disney show, and being able to view it from a boat, with a unique and unobstructed view would make this Disney fan pretty darn happy.
- On the fourth day of Christmas, my True Love could give me: Four seasons at Walt Disney World. OK, this may sound a little greedy, but one year, I would love to be able to take 4 trips to Disney World, so that I could experience what each season has to offer. One of the things Disney does SO well is to provide events that make us want to keep coming back for more. Each season is unique and different, and I would love to have the opportunity to see them all during one year.
- On the fifth day of Christmas, my True Love could give me: Five uninterrupted hours relaxing by the Uzima Pool at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. Please. I love my family dearly, but the chance to be all alone in this beautiful place for just 5 hours, no phone, no email, no interruptions, no anything….just me, some sunshine and good book. For 5 hours. That is all.
- On the sixth day of Christmas, my True Love could give me: Six new Disney mugs. See, not everything on my list is excessive, expensive, or unrealistic. Some things that would be very nice are quite modest and not over-the-top at all. For example, I have a few Disney collections, and I would love a few more mugs. I am pretty sure my DH will not understand this, but wouldn’t it be great to have a different Disney mug for each day of the month?
- On the seventh day of Christmas, my True Love could give me: Seven days at Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort. I have had the chance to spend a week near the peaceful marshes, and under the huge shady oaks draped with Spanish moss that characterize this lovely resort. Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort combines the best of Disney and the beach. Our time there was divine. I want to do it again. Please??
- On the eighth day of Christmas, my True Love could give me: Eight limited edition pins. Another quite modest request, this is another Disney collection that needs some new additions. No particular style or theme requests: surprise me.
- On the ninth day of Christmas, my True Love could give me: Nine Fastpasses to ride Soarin in one day. OK, with FastPass +, not sure how one could actually do this, but I believe in the power of pixie dust.
- On the tenth day of Christmas, my True Love could give me: Ten chances to Pick a Pearl in the Japan pavilion in World Showcase. Yes, I will need the settings to go with all those pearls.
- On the eleventh day of Christmas, my True Love could give me: Eleven dinners in World Showcase…one in each country. OK, it might be more than 11, because I would want company while I eat, but you get the idea. Just don’t forget to make the ADRs honey – at 180 days prior. You can do it online at 6 a.m. ET.
- On the twelfth day of Christmas, my True Love could give me: Twelve Carrot Cake Cookies. Ahh the delectable Carrot Cake Cookie! Twelve of them! I totally promise to share.
So Disney Friends: what would be on YOUR lists for the 12 Days of Disney Christmas? Happy Holidays!!