Delhi serves as the diplomatic and administrative hub of the country. It is also home to the Indian parliament, government buildings, skyscrapers and top business hubs. It is a place popular with tourists because it is the capital of India and many relics’ remains from the Indian history now serve as the main tourist destinations. All those who visit this place are mesmerized by its multicultural flair. You can hear hundreds of local languages on the streets, but the two most dominant ones are English and Hindi.
One thing that Delhi is most famous for is the shopping experience!
Dilli Haat is a huge shopping market in Delhi that gives the vibes of a traditional (Handicrafts and jewelry) Weekly village market called a haat. Janpath and Tibetan market is another popular shopping spot known for handicrafts, shoes, paintings, hippy clothing and brassware. Khan market is a small yet well-established shopping market in Delhi that is one of the classiest, its known for books, music, tailored and branded clothes. Chandni chowk yet another shopping district of Delhi has been into existence since over hundreds of years. It is popular for wedding clothes, fabrics, jewelry and electronic goods.
There are several popular eating joints, malls and amusement parks in Delhi which are a great attraction for one and all. One thing that Delhi lacks is peace and serenity, the city never sleeps, and people never relax.
The Andaman Islands, on the other hand, remain a virgin land, where people visit to relax, unwind and rejuvenate. Andaman and Nicobar is a group of 572 Islands out of which only a handful are inhabited by the human population. Andaman is India’s tropical paradise amidst waving palms whispering to the sea, white powdery beaches with beautiful and colorful marine life and a home to the only active volcano in India. Not to forget it’s also a place where tribes still dwell – time here stands still. Some tribes in Andaman and Nicobar Islands never come in contact with the outside world. Though these Islands fall in India, they are closer to Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia compared to India. Out of 572 Islands, only nine are open to the tourists, and all of these are in Andaman.
Scuba diving, snorkeling and sea walking are some of the most popular and not to be missed activities when you visit the islands. These water sports activities stand on the top of our list of the best things to do in the Andaman Islands.
What to buy when in Andaman?
Let’s find out what are the best buy’s in Andaman:
Wooden artifacts: The Andaman Islands have wood in abundance and locals use it by carving beautiful artifacts and preparing home utilities. These can be bought as a perfect souvenirs for loved ones.
Ornaments made of shells: The Andaman Islands are home to pristine white powdery beaches, and this is why they have seashells in abundance. The natives use these shells for decorating almost everything. The neckpieces and handbags made of these shells are a must have.
Crafts made from Cane: The local women use cane to make handbags, and hats which are a hot favorite among travelers. These are beautiful and embellished with seashells, and you can buy them from the lively streets of Port Blair or Aberdeen Bazaar.
6 nights and 7 days ultimate adventure
It is an outdoor adventure tour that gives you a chance to explore the beautiful Andaman, and feel its thrill. So, come down and experience the true vigour of Andaman. The ultimate adventure package includes visit to:
• Day 1 Airport pick up. Visit to Carbyne’s Cove beach and Cellular Jail Light and Sound show
• Day 2 Visit to Chidiatapu and game fishing trip
• Day 3 Transfer from Port Blair to Havelock Island and visit to Radhanagar beach
• Day 4 Trekking/boat ride to Elephant beach and indulge in snorkeling
• Day 5 Scuba diving in Havelock Island. Transfer from Havelock Island to Port Blair
• Day 6 Visit to Baratang Island lime stone caves and mud volcano
• Day 7 Airport drop
5 Nights and 6 Days Havelock Exotica: An exclusive trip to the most beautiful Island of Andaman – Havelock. The trip ensures you get enough time to enjoy and relax in the most beautiful place on earth. The itinerary includes visit to:
Day wise details:
• Day 1 Airport pick up and transfer from Port Blair to Havelock
• Day 2 Visit to beautiful Kalapathar beach and then the most renowned Radhanagar beach
• Day 3 Day at leisure – time to indulge in water activities
• Day 4 Departure from Havelock Island to Neil Island and visit to Neil attractions
• Day 5 Neil Island to Port Blair and shopping tour
• Day 6 Airport drop
4 Nights and 5 days – Rejuvenate yourself:
It is a perfect honeymoon trip where you will stay in a beautiful beach resort in Havelock for 3 days and 2 days in Port Blair. The package includes visit to most exotic places on the Island while not exerting you much.
• Day 1 Airport pick up. Visit to Cellular Jail and Light and sound show in the evening
• Day 2 Transfer from Port Blair to Havelock Island in cruise. Later visit to Radhanagar beach
• Day 3 Day at leisure. Kept free for water activities and to explore the beach resorts. Evening candle lit dinner
• Day 4 Elephant beach snorkeling trip and boat ride. Later Havelock Island to Port Blair in cruise
• Day 5 Airport drop
Delhi to Andaman Flights
The timings are just for reference and actual time may vary depending on your date of travel.
There are several accommodations available in Andaman that can be booked as per your budget. Take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city life and visit Andaman to have a holiday you will remember for life.