This brightened up version of the decadent original is packed with richness and flavor, without all the additional saturated fat. Russian in beginning, this recipe has actually been adapted to foods worldwide, and is sure to end up being a fast fave in your kitchen area. Easy to prepare, this lightened up poultry stroganoff fasts enough for a weeknight dinner, yet elegant sufficient for business. Make this recipe when you’re desire home cooking but still want a healthy and balanced and also light dish.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 chicken tenderloins
- 1 big red onion, peeled and also diced
- 16 oz. crimini or switch mushrooms, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-4 tablespoons low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley to serve
- In a huge frying pan or superficial Dutch stove, warmth 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high warmth. Period the poultry on both sides, and also include in the frying pan. Prepare for 2-3 minutes per side, up until company and also prepared through. Eliminate the hen and set aside.
- In the very same skillet, include the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, as well as warmth over tool warm. Include the onions, mushrooms, garlic, as well as a pinch of salt, as well as sauté for 6-8 mins, up until tender and somewhat caramelized. You desire the fluid from the mushrooms to evaporate. Add any type of juices from the poultry to the pan, and afterwards add the yogurt. Blend every little thing with each other until smooth, as well as period to taste with salt and also pepper.
- Add the hen back to the frying pan, as well as mix to layer with the sauce. Spray over the parsley, as well as serve hot.
Note: You can serve this recipe over egg noodles, mashed potatoes, and even mashed sweet potatoes.