Carolyn Gorski – Corporate & Leisure Travel Consultant
Email / Telephone Number
Where did you Just Get Back from?
Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen
Where did you stay?
When were you in Mexico?
What hotels did you see?
Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
The Royal Hideaway Playacar
Grand Residences Riviera Cancun.
Tell us about the hotels you saw.
- Unico 20.87, which just opened this year, is an adult’s only all-inclusive luxury resort. The build-out is incredibly sophisticated and has a very classic Mexican feel. The staff is well trained and there to accommodate your every whim. They offer a variety of activities & excursions so there is always something to do or see. *Tip* Download the Unico App! It’s very helpful and makes it easy to see the activities schedule and order food to your room!
- The Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita is a small, intimate, family friendly resort and has a very authentic ambiance. Their focus is health and wellness so the food is wonderful and fresh. It’s a very calm and spiritual stay with native parrots they have that you can meet on your walk to one of the restaurants.
- Gran Velas Riviera Maya is a large family resort and is perfect for those who want to go separate ways and all do their own thing, then come back for a nice dinner at the end of the day. Some of the décor made you feel like you were immersed in the jungle. *Don’t wear skinny heels when walking along the long wooden walkway… very tricky to not fall in between the cracks.
- The Royal Hideaway Playacar has a very British mixed with a Cuban and Caribbean feel.They do have the best beach of all the hotels with no seaweed to mention. The furniture was too large which made the rooms feel very small. This is a great place to go for dinner, as their food is outstanding!
- Grand Residences Riviera Cancun is another large resort that is family friendly with a design well thought out for that market. In the kids club, they offer iPads to give to the parents to keep an eye on their little ones which are a neat safety feature.
Provide a 1-3 liner highlighting your experience!
This was an educational opportunity sponsored by Leading Hotels of the World and American Airlines and it was amazing! You could tell so much thought was put into every detail of the trip, which made it a flawless one. The culture, hospitality, and scenery in this area of Mexico are undeniably wonderful. The only downfall was that we had to return home.
Words to describe what you felt when you first arrived:
Excited and hot. We were there in the midst of summer so there was a lot of heat, however, it made swimming more enjoyable.
Tempt us: Name the most special place you discovered on this trip
Tankah Village. We did a signature excursion with Unico 20.87 and Cesar was out adventure guide (Get him if you ever do an excursion! He is wonderful!)
We swam in 3 different cenotes, zip lined & canoed through the jungle, walked through Mayan villages, and had an authentic Yucatan meal. Words can’t describe the feeling you get when you swim through freshwater and caves, while little fishes are whizzing past your feet and fruit bats flying above your head.
What’s the best time of year to go in your opinion?
A lot of locals suggest March. It has perfect temperatures and not a lot of humidity.
Anything else to add?
The food that I had in Mexico was some of the best in the world! Make sure to come hungry.