Try this recipe for Fresh Berry Cheesecake for Valentine’s Day or any special day of the year. The recipe calls for 1 or 2 Tbsp Ferrari-Carano Eldorado Noir. This special recipe is provided by Ferrari-Carano Vineyards & Winery in Sonoma County’s Dry Creek Valley.
Fresh Berry Cheesecake
Serves 8 to 10
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup melted butter
8 oz light cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp half & half
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 cups fresh assorted berries: black, red, raspberries, blueberries, thoroughly chilled (or thawed frozen berries with no added sugar)
1/2 cup blackberry preserves
1 or 2 Tbsp Ferrari-Carano Eldorado Noir
Directions for Crust
1. To make crust, combine brown sugar, walnuts, flour and melted butter and mix together until crumbs adhere when they are pinched together. Press into 10-inch tart shell with a removable bottom and bake 12 to 15 minutes in preheated oven at 350°. Cool.
Directions for Filling
1. For the filling, beat cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg, half & half, lemon juice and vanilla and beat well.
2. Pour into crust and bake 20 minutes longer. Cool to room temperature before adding fruit.
1. In a small saucepan over low heat, thin blackberry preserves to a syrupy glaze with 1 or 2 tablespoons of Ferrari-Carano Eldorado Noir.
2. Pile fruit on top of cheesecake. Spoon preserves over it. Chill.
3. Bring to room temperature before serving. To serve, release sides of pan, transfer to serving platter and cut in wedges.
Recipe provided by Ferrari-Carano Vineyards & Winery