During my fall semester as a senior in college, I took an art class as an elective. One of our assignments were to make Mixed Media paintings based on a Theme the professor gave us. In this post, I will be featuring all of the paintings each with its respective theme and description.
All of these paintings were made using
- Liquitex Hard Body Acrylic
- Liquitex Matte Gel
- Various photos, book pages, and other materials found in my house
- An Ode: We were supposed to crate a painting as an ode to something. An ode, meaning something you really adored or loved. In this case, I made an ode to someone I loved. In the picture are things we both love or like to do.
- Dreamscape: Here we were supposed to create a scene that is very unrealistic and can only be seen in dreams. There’s a mix of surrealist elements which can be clearly seen with the ballerinas.
- What’s in Your Head?: The theme is probably self-explanatory, we needed to depict a picture of what goes through our heads. In this painting, I tried to represent the main things I think about. These things are marriage, my family, church, my dog, graduating at Seton Hall and paying off my loans.
- Music: The theme of this one is about music that we love, find inspiration in, or just enjoy listening to. I choose to do Christian music because I find it so uplifting and different from the music that’s typically heard on the radio.
- Something Left Unsaid: I had to create a feeling of tension. Some examples that were given to us were: a bad breakup, something you weren’t able to tell someone that passed away, etc.
- Surrealism: Another self-explanatory theme, we needed to create some type of surrealistic painting.