LAMP is a short form for Linux (Operating System), Apache (Web Server), MySQL (Code Managing the Database) and PHP (Programming Language). As this indicates, it’s a set of software systems fused together into a self-sufficient platform eliminating the dependency on external data or software. It allows a smooth & seamless integration amongst these software systems making for one of the most powerful platforms for web development.
Used for creating efficient & high-performing websites, LAMP is backed up by the oldest & largest community and countless tools & libraries. Let’s dig in a little more to explore the pros & cons of this platform.
Pros of LAMP Stack
- The platform is open-source, supported by endless libraries, modules and add-ons which can be adopted as per the company’s need.
- PHP & MySQL are easy-to-understand and deploy as it uses PHP as an APACHE module. This also facilitates the easy upload of PHP files via MySQL database.
- It has a non-blocking structure which makes it more scalable & faster to develop.
- It is also highly customizable allowing developers to cater to specific business requirements.
Cons of LAMP Stack
- It only supports Linux OS.
- It’s quite difficult to shift between PHP or Python and use HTML or JS with LAMP.
Pros of MEAN Stack
- It’s an open-source solution and highly-customizable allowing the development of robust & secure websites.
- It allows real-time app demonstration to subscribers & viewers. Even during the development stage, real-time changes can be made in the app.
- Being compatible with the cloud, it allows you to develop, test & deploy cloud functionalities via MongoDB.
Cons of MEAN Stack
- While MongoDB works wonders for small- and medium-sized operations, it is not deemed to be fit for large operations as it could lead to data loss during networking partition.
- ExpressJS can cause poor server isolation from business logic curtailing the reuse of some services like batching operations.
LAMP Stack VS MEAN Stack
|LAMP Stack||MEAN Stack|
|Operating System||The web application can be deployed only on Linux OS variants.||It can be deployed on any OS compatible with NodeJS.|
|Web-Server||It uses a mature & robust Apache webserver.||MEAN uses NodeJS powered web server that’s lightweight & modern.|
|Database||The default RDBMS is MySQL but the developer can switch to others like MariaDB & PostgreSQL as well as NoSQL database like MongoDB.||It only supports MongoDB Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).|
Hire Professional LAMP & MEAN Stack Developers
Still not sure? Talk to our consultants today who are there to assist you. As a leading full-stack development company in India, we’ve helped multiple clients with highly-functional and engaging solutions. Our expert team will help you with a quick yet quality implementation of the best solution for your business.
The post Custom Full-Stack Development: Key to MEAN VS LAMP Stack appeared first on Tech9logy Creators.